Memorial Park in Royal Oak is located on the north side of 13 Mile between Woodward and Coolidge. The park hosts two large play structures, child and toddler swings, baseball diamonds, tennis courts, a football field, picnic area, concession and restrooms.
Memorial Park in Royal Oak Location and Hours
The 24 acre park is located on the northeast corner of 13 Mile and Woodward. The park is open daily from 6:00 am until 8:00 pm.
While visiting we noticed that the restrooms and concessions were not available, but probably would be open during baseball games or maybe seasonally.
Memorial Park Playground
The first of the two play structures has a bridge, many slides, monkey bars, and other fun features. The area is padded with wood chips and is appropriate for about ages 4 and up. However, there are a few large drop offs by the monkey bars and fireman pole that may pose a threat for children with a developing sense of depth perception.
In the same area there is a digger toy as well as a large dinosaur the children can play on. Child swings are also within a few feet of this structure. Off in the distance is a second older wooden structure. This play area features many climbing areas, a rolling slide, tire swing, monkey bars and other fun items. Rosa enjoyed playing in the sand for quite some time in this area. Toddler swings are located close to this play area.
Again this structure would be good for children of at least four years of age. Overall the park was well maintained, offered picnic table and bench seating near the play structures and garbage cans that were a perfect distance away from the play areas. Even though this park is located near three major roads, there is a good distance between the road and the play areas. I didn’t see a lot of parking near the play areas. More image are available in our photo gallery.
Other Park Features
In addition to the playground, Memorial Park is home to a football field, baseball, and tennis courts. Guests may also enjoy the picnic tables and pavilion.
Memorial Park in Royal Oak Overview
- Play Elements: two play structures.
- Swings: standard swings, tire swing, as well as baby bucket swings .
- Surface: wood chips and also grass.
- Unique Features: spring dinosaur
- Bathrooms: yes.
- Drinking Fountain: yes.
- Shade: yes.
- Pavilion: yes.
- Picnic Tables: Yes.
- Grills: unknown.
- Sports Fields: baseball, football, and also tennis.
- Walking Trails: none.
- Parking: paved lots.
- Tot Play Structure: no.
- Fenced in: no.
- Seating: yes benches are near the structures.
Connect with Royal Oak
Other Parks with Playgrounds in Royal Oak
Community Parks in Royal Oak
- Dickinson Park – Located at Springer & Amherst. Basketball court, picnic tables, soccer field, tennis court along with a playground.
- Dondero Park – Located at Dondero & Hoffman. Baseball / Softball, Basketball Court, Picnic Tables, playground as well as tennis.
- Elks Park – Located at Normandy & Rosewold. Baseball/Softball field, basketball court, picnic tables, soccer field, tennis court as well as a playground.
- Exchange Park – Located at Campbell & Montrose. Baseball / Softball field, Outdoor Ice Skating Rink, Playground, soccer field and also a tennis court.
- Gunn Dyer Park – Located at Chester & Hampton. Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, together with a Playground.
- Kenwood Park – Located at Kenwood & Forest Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Tables, playground, soccer and also tennis.
- Lawson Park – Located at Irving & Parent. Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, picnic tables, playground together with volleyball.
- Lockman Park – Located at Connecticut & Derby. Basketball, Drinking Fountain, Fitness Stations, picnic tables playground, tennis and also volleyball.
- Meininger Park – Located at Maxwell & Farnum. Basketball, Drinking Fountain, Fitness Stations, outdoor ice skating rink, picnic tables, playground, tennis court as well as vita course.
- Memorial Park – Located at 13 Mile and Woodward. Sports fields include: Baseball / Softball Fields, Concession, Football Field, and also a tennis court. The park also contains a pavilion, picnic tables, playground, and restrooms.
- Optimist Park – Located at Rochester Road & Montrose. Sports fields include baseball/softball, multipurpose field, soccer an also volleyball. In addition to sports, the park hosts picnic tables and a playground.
- Red Run Park – Located at Girard & Vermont. Sport fields include Baseball / Softball, Basketball, tennis, soccer as well as tennis. The park is also home to picnic areas and a playground.
- Starr Jaycee Park – Located at 13 Mile & Crooks. Sport fields include Baseball / Softball, Fitness Stations, Football Field, frisbee golf, and also volleyball. Guests can enjoy a playground as well as a pavilion.
- VFW Park – Located at Campbell & Lincoln. Baseball / Softball, Basketball, Multi-Purpose Field, pavilion, picnic tables, playground, restrooms and tennis.
- Waterworks Park – Located at Marywood & Lloyd. Baseball / Softball, Fitness Stations, Multi-Purpose Field
- Whittier Park – Located at Farnum & Alexander. Multi-Purpose Field, Pickleball Courts, Picnic Tables, playground as well as soccer.
Neighborhood Parks in Royal Oak
- Barton Park I – Located at Troy & Pingree. Picnic Tables Playground.
- Bassett Park – Located at Campbell Road. Asphalt Play Area Playground Soccer Field.
- Clawson Park – Located on Woodland. This park is home to picnic tables as well as a playground.
- Cody Park – Located at Cody & 12 Mile. Playground Soccer Field Picnic Tables.
- Cummingston Park – Located at Torquay and Leafdale. Includes multi-purpose field, picnic tables, playground as well as trails.
- Fernwood Park – Located at Austin & Farnum. Basketball Playground Soccer Field.
- Franklin Park – Located at Harrison & Mohawk. Playground Tennis Court.
- Fulton Park – Located at Parkway Drive & Normandy. Picnic Tables and also a Playground.
- Grant Park – Located at Fifth & Kayser. Baseball / Softball Picnic Tables Playground soccer.
- Lions Club Park – Located at Hilldale & Woodsboro. Picnic Tables Playground.
- Maddock Park – Located at Lincoln & Stephenson. Playground Soccer Field Vita Course.
- Marais Park – Located at Marais & Vinsetta. Multi-Purpose Field as well as a playground.
- Marks Park – Located at 2nd & Blair. Multi-Purpose Field Picnic Tables Playground.
- Maudlin Park – Located at Cooper Avenue & Samoset. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Tables, Playground and also a soccer field.
- Miller Park – Located at Garden Avenue & Webster Avenue. Picnic Areas as well as a playground.
- Milton Hey – Hudson Park – Located at Knowles & Batavia. Basketball Multi-Purpose Field Picnic Tables playground.
- Pioneer Park – Located at Parkway Drive & Normandy. Picnic areas and also a playground.
- Quickstad Park Nature Center – Normandy & Lexington. The Tenhave Woods Nature Trails are located within Quickstad Park.
- Realtor Park – Located at Main & Sunnybrook. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Areas, together with a Playground.
- Sullivan Park – Located at Greenfield Road & Samoset Road. Picnic areas and also a playground.
- Upton Park – Located at Nakota & Mandalay. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Areas, Playground together with a Tennis Court.
- Wagner Park – Located at Rochester & Main. Dog Run, Frisbee Golf, Picnic Areas as well as a playground.
- Worden Park East – Located at Lexington & Marias Avenue. Picnic Areas as well as a Playground.
Amber is the proud Homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (24), Rosaleigh (10), Carlyn (7), Naomi (4), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes three cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy.