Warmer weather likely means more time outside for you and your family. If you are looking for the perfect park with a playground near you, then check out our list below.
Beverly Park in Beverly Hills
1. The Beverly Park in Beverly Hills is a great place to spend a few hours. The site hosts two playground structures together with swings. Sports lovers will enjoy volleyball as well as basketball courts, baseball fields, tennis courts, disc golf course. There is also a wooded nature area with a trail for biking/walking, a sledding hill and ice skating rink. The 34-acre public space is located at 18801 Beverly Road, between Southfield and Evergreen Roads north of 13 Mile.
Catalpa Oaks in Southfield
2. Catalpa Oaks in Southfield is located just west of Greenfield Road north of 11 Mile. Catalpa Oaks features 24 acres of open space which hosts six soccer fields, a baseball diamond as well as a softball field. There are several new additions to the space! A concession/restroom facility that also includes family restrooms. Two playgrounds which are ideal for younger and older children. A nice picnic shelter/pavilion and also improved parking.
Inglenook Park in Southfield
3. Inglenook Park is located in Southfield, on 12 Mile Road, between Evergreen & Lahser roads and offers sports fans a gravel Jogging/Fitness Trails and also Neighborhood Ballfields. Families will enjoy a spacious Picnic Area (no shelter), Playlot, Restrooms, Nature Area as well as Public Parking.
George George Park
4. George George Park is located in Clinton Township on Moravian between Harrington and Cass Avenue. This thirty-acre recreation area includes three play structures, toddler and child-sized swings, covered pavilions, fountain plaza, 5000 feet of walking and also bike paths. There is also a wedding garden (great for photos too), benches, picnic tables, a public restrooms, garbage and plenty of trees for shade.
Stony Creek Metropark
5. Stony Creek Metropark is located in Shelby Township. There are over 4,000 acres to explore filled with bike and walking trails, beaches, picnic areas and so much more. We love the play structure at Eastwood Beach.
6. Marshbank Park – West Bloomfield. The grounds were renovated in late 2010. As you enter the park, there is a large play structure. Directly behind the play area, there is an indoor shelter with bathrooms, two water fountains and also a community room.
7. Booth Park – Birmingham Booth Park is located off of Old Woodward a few blocks North of Maple (15 Mile), right in the heart of downtown Birmingham. Parking is available along Old Woodward or along the street but it is all metered, so be sure to bring your change along. The park features two main structures, a few shaded tables, a variety of swings, two drinking fountains, a sandbox, an AstroTurf hill as well as beautiful landscaping. There were also a few garbage cans along the perimeter of the park and to my dismay, no public restrooms.
Innovation Hills in Rochester Hills
8. Innovation Hills Park in Rochester Hills just recently debuted their one-mile boardwalk trails in July of 2020. Nighttime guests will be dazzled by not only the glowing pavement but also evening solar lighting as they walk along the boardwalk. Since this is just one of the phases up update this beautiful and peaceful 110 acre park, you can expect to see some great improvements over the course of the next few years. The park recently added amazing play elements.
Scarlet’s Playground at Dodge Park
9. Scarlet’s Playground in Dodge Park in Commerce Township is one of our favorite playgrounds in metro Detroit. The playground is located within Dodge Park #5. The 106-acre park features a playground, wooded paths, a water fountain, athletic fields, a pavilion, picnic tables as well as paved parking. The northern section of this park was once part of the State of Michigan parks donated by the Dodge family.
10. Fort Fraser at Steffens Park – Fort Fraser is a wonderful wooden playground located in Steffens Park in Fraser. The park is located behind Fraser City Hall at 33000 Garfield Rd. just south of 14 Mile Road. The best parking spots for this playground are located on Gladys, right off of Anita Ave. (look for the sign for the VFW Hall).
Check out Ann Arbor with Kids Playground Profiles. Find Mess-Free Playgrounds in Ann Arbor.
If you are near Brighton, check out Imagination Station Playground. You may also like to check out the Michigan Accessible Playground Directory as well as Boundless Playground™ locations. Best Cleveland Area Playgrounds – Cleveland With Kids
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.