Innovation Hills Park in Rochester Hills has a one-mile boardwalk trail, exciting playground, as well as lush gardens. Nighttime guests will be dazzled by not only the glowing pavement but also evening solar lighting as they walk along the boardwalk.
- Innovation HIlls in Rochester Hills Hours and Location
- Innovation Hills Playground
- Innovation Hills Park Amenities
- Innovation Hills Park Overview
- Other Parks in Rochester Hills
- Connect with Rochester Hills
- More Family Fun in Rochester Hills
In addition to the boardwalk, visitors can enjoy over 4 miles of walking trails that include asphalt, crushed limestone and dirt walking paths. The paths wind through the 110-acre park. The paths provide access to Clinton river, ponds as well as waterfalls.
Innovation HIlls in Rochester Hills Hours and Location
The park is located at 2800 West Hamlin Road in Rochester Hills.
Park hours are from 8 am until 9 pm, daily.
Innovation Hills Playground
The three-acre nature themed playground includes several elements that will keep your children entertained for hours. The treetop climber provides multiple levels of interactive fun, with several slides. There are also elements that will enhance your child’s vestibular motion skills. In addition to the climber, the playground area includes swings, climbers, and an astro-turf hill for sledding.
Innovation Hills Park Amenities
Innovation Hills Park in Rochester Hills also offers indoor public restrooms during the spring, summer, and fall months. Visitors can bring along their pets as long as they are on a 6-foot leash. Pet owners will find doggy bag stations about the path. The park also offers charging stations for your devices.
There are two sensory gardens on the property. One is maintained and designed by local students, while the other is professionally maintained. Both provide guests with beautiful and fragrant flowers throughout the seasons.
Fishing is allowed at this park, however it is important to note that DNR regulations apply. Additionally, ice fishing is not allowed.
There are also a couple of picnic tables at the park for those that want to enjoy a quick bite to eat or even a picnic lunch. Finally, book lovers might enjoy taking a peek at the book selection in the Little Free Library within the park.
Innovation Hills Park Overview
Play elements: three-acre nature playground
Surface: paved, bricks, boardwalk, unpaved
Unique features: The park is still currently undergoing construction. It will have play elements, sensory gardens, as well as a kayak launch. The park has approximately 1-mile boardwalk pathway, ponds, waterfall, glowing pavement, evening solar lighting, together with doggy bag stations. Finally, visitors can go fishing at the Clinton River.
Drinking Fountain: none
Picnic Tables: yes, one located at the parking area as well as two inside the park
Sports Fields: none
Walking Trails: yes, paved, unpaved and the boardwalk
Parking: yes, free paved parking with evening solar lighting
Tot Play Structure: none
Fenced in: no
Seating: yes, several wooden benches in the boardwalk and around the park
Other Parks in Rochester Hills
- Avon Nature Study Area is a 102.5-acre park that offers nature trails, wildlife viewing, a pond as well as a gazebo.
- Avondale Park a park that features sports fields for rent together with a playground and picnic areas.
- Bloomer Park is a 200-acre community park. The park features sports fields, picnic shelters, a velodrome, trials as well as a play area. There is a fee to use this park.
- Earl E. Borden Park is a 143-acre sports park. This park hosts sports fields, batting cages, tennis courts, basketball courts together with a roller hockey rink.
- Eugene S. Nowicki Park is a 340-acre undeveloped park.
- Helen V. Allen Park features softball diamonds on it’s 4.5 acres.
- Innovation Hills is currently under development. The park features a beautiful green space with lighted pathways together with fragrant gardens.
- Museum at Van Hoosen Farm is located along Stony creek. The farm offers tours, special events day camps as well as weddings.
- Thelma G Spencer Park is a 113-acre park. The community park has an entry fee and features a beautiful lake together with a beach area for swimming.
- Veterans Memorial Pointe is a 5.1-acre park. The park features a granite monument, gazebo as well as a memorial pathway.
- Wabash Park is a small neighborhood park. Offers a picnic area, community gardens together with a small playground.
- Yates Park is located directly across from Yates Cider Mill. The park hosts several picnic tables as well as many fishing sites along the Clinton River.
Connect with Rochester Hills
More Family Fun in Rochester Hills
Yates Cider Mill
This location offers freshly made cider, donuts, as well as many varieties of apples. Bakes goods, Frankenmuth fudge, fruit preserves and honey are also available.
The Big, Wooden Staircase: Bloomer Park
Over 200 steps down to explore nature at Bloomer Park in Rochester Hills. Don’t miss this Big, Wooden Staircase.
Innovation Hills Park
Innovation Hills Park in Rochester Hills just debuted their one-mile boardwalk trails in July of 2020. Enjoy a picnic, fishing, hiking, and the green space.
Bernadette Manaay is a proud mom of two wonderful kids, Ianna and Bernard. She has been married to her husband, Ian, for almost 11 years. Bernadette is a Physical Therapist by profession in Metro Detroit. Her family loves to travel and go camping every summer and early fall. Her desire and passion to document her family’s everyday life lead her to become a self-taught photographer. It is very fulfilling to a mom to capture and freeze as many moments as we can because time just flies so fast. See the special memories of her family on her Instagram account: @adetteskyph.