Yates Cider Mill in Rochester Hills will celebrate their opening day of the season today, March 19th, 2021. The local attractions hours are daily from 11 am until 7 pm. Stop by 1950 East Avon Road in Rochester Hill and enjoy some fresh-made donuts and ice cold cider.
Visitor’s guide, image gallery, and info for Yates Cider Mill in Rochester Hills. This location offers freshly made cider, donuts, as well as many varieties of apples. Baked goods, Frankenmuth fudge, fruit preserves and honey are also available.
Opening their doors for the first time back in 1863, Yates is one of the oldest continually running businesses in Michigan. The mill is powered by the Clinton River which also provides a beautiful backdrop to enjoy your cider and doughnuts.
Yates Cider Mill Store
Inside the main shop they sell cider, doughnuts as well as fresh baked goods.
Adjacent to the main shop is the Frankenmuth Fudge store where they sell a wide variety of fudge as well as other confections.
There are apples, pumpkins, jams and honey for sale in the apple tent behind the store.
The Ice Cream Shoppe is currently closed for the season and will re-open in April.
This location offers some fun extra activities every weekend. Pony rides are just $5 per ride every Saturday and Sunday in September and October. Visitors may also enjoy the petting zoo. They normally will have goats and sheep on display. Guests may also buy food for the goats for just $1.
Finally, during the weekend you will be able to buy hot dogs, sausages, chips and Faygo from General Dog or try an ear of roasted corn.
Yates Cider Mill Trail
The Yates Trail starts at Yates park, which is directly across Avon Road from the cider mill. The trail follows the Clinton River for about a mile until it meets up with the Clinton Kalamazoo Kanal. You can take the Clinton Kalamazoo Trail another 1/2 mile to Ryan Road, just north of 22 Mile Road.
Yates Cider Mill Hours
Yates is open daily. They are open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 7 pm. Saturday and Sunday hours are from 9 am to 7 pm.
Connect with Yates
Fall is upon us and we are ready for cozy sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes and fresh cider and donuts. We’ve listed a few of our favorite Cider Mills in Metro Detroit for you to visit this fall.
Other Parks in Rochester Hills
- Avon Nature Study Area is a 102.5-acre park that offers nature trails, wildlife viewing, a pond as well as a gazebo.
- Avondale Park a park that features sports fields for rent together with a playground and picnic areas.
- Bloomer Park is a 200-acre community park. The park features sports fields, picnic shelters, a velodrome, trials as well as a play area. There is a fee to use this park.
- Earl E. Borden Park is a 143-acre sports park. This park hosts sports fields, batting cages, tennis courts, basketball courts together with a roller hockey rink.
- Eugene S. Nowicki Park is a 340-acre undeveloped park.
- Helen V. Allen Park features softball diamonds on it’s 4.5 acres.
- Innovation Hills is currently under development. The park features a beautiful green space with lighted pathways together with fragrant gardens.
- Museum at Van Hoosen Farm is located along Stony creek. The farm offers tours, special events day camps as well as weddings.
- Thelma G Spencer Park is a 113-acre park. The community park has an entry fee and features a beautiful lake together with a beach area for swimming.
- Veterans Memorial Pointe is a 5.1-acre park. The park features a granite monument, gazebo as well as a memorial pathway.
- Wabash Park is a small neighborhood park. Offers a picnic area, community gardens together with a small playground.
- Yates Park is located directly across from Yates Cider Mill. The park hosts several picnic tables as well as many fishing sites along the Clinton River.
Connect with Rochester Hills
More Family Fun in Rochester Hills
Yates Cider Mill
This location offers freshly made cider, donuts, as well as many varieties of apples. Bakes goods, Frankenmuth fudge, fruit preserves and honey are also available.
The Big, Wooden Staircase: Bloomer Park
Over 200 steps down to explore nature at Bloomer Park in Rochester Hills. Don’t miss this Big, Wooden Staircase.
Innovation Hills Park
Innovation Hills Park in Rochester Hills just debuted their one-mile boardwalk trails in July of 2020. Enjoy a picnic, fishing, hiking, and the green space.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.