Avondale Park in Rochester Hills features sports fields for rent together with a playground and picnic areas. This 18.5 acre park hosts a playground as well as a tot-lot.
Avondale Park Amenities
This 18.5-acre park offers plenty of sports lover. Fields include one ball diamond, two tennis courts, two basketball courts, two sand volleyball courts as well as a multipurpose field. Visitors can also enjoy a picnic area with a small picnic shelter. The park also hosts a playground, tot lot and a Little Free Library.
Avondale Park Playground
The Avondale Playground hosts two main structures. The first is similar to an obstacle course with many different items to swing and climb across. There are no slides in this section. Visitors can use a normal swing as well as an ada swing in this section.
The toddler play area features a smaller structure with a few climbing elements as well as slides. In addition to the structure, this area hosts swings and a sand excavator. There are also a few baby bucket swings in this section.
Location and Hours
Address: 3400 Bathurst Ave. Rochester Hills, MI 48309
The park is located on Bathurst, south of Auburn Road, between Crooks and Adams.
The park is open daily from 8 am until dusk. There is no fee to use the park.
Avondale Park Overview
Play Elements: Play structure for 5-12 years old as well as Toddler Lot for 2-5 years old
Swings: one regular, an ADA swing, in addition to a face to face swing.
Surface: wood chips and also grass.
Unique Features: Little Free Library and also a Sandbox with Toy Excavator at the Toddler Lot
Water Fountain: none
Picnic Tables: yes
Sports Fields: reservable baseball field and multipurpose sports field, two sand volleyball courts, and also two basketball courts
Walking Trails: yes, paved walking trail
Parking: free paved parking lot
Tot Play Structure: yes
Fenced in: no
Seating: several wooden benches near the play structures
Other Parks in Rochester Hills
- Avon Nature Study Area is a 102.5-acre park that offers nature trails, wildlife viewing, a pond as well as a gazebo.
- Avondale Park a park that features sports fields for rent together with a playground and picnic areas.
- Bloomer Park is a 200-acre community park. The park features sports fields, picnic shelters, a velodrome, trials as well as a play area. There is a fee to use this park.
- Earl E. Borden Park is a 143-acre sports park. This park hosts sports fields, batting cages, tennis courts, basketball courts together with a roller hockey rink.
- Eugene S. Nowicki Park is a 340-acre undeveloped park.
- Helen V. Allen Park features softball diamonds on it’s 4.5 acres.
- Innovation Hills is currently under development. The park features a beautiful green space with lighted pathways together with fragrant gardens.
- Museum at Van Hoosen Farm is located along Stony creek. The farm offers tours, special events day camps as well as weddings.
- Thelma G Spencer Park is a 113-acre park. The community park has an entry fee and features a beautiful lake together with a beach area for swimming.
- Veterans Memorial Pointe is a 5.1-acre park. The park features a granite monument, gazebo as well as a memorial pathway.
- Wabash Park is a small neighborhood park. Offers a picnic area, community gardens together with a small playground.
- Yates Park is located directly across from Yates Cider Mill. The park hosts several picnic tables as well as many fishing sites along the Clinton River.
Connect with Rochester Hills
More Family Fun in Rochester Hills
Yates Cider Mill
This location offers freshly made cider, donuts, as well as many varieties of apples. Bakes goods, Frankenmuth fudge, fruit preserves and honey are also available.
The Big, Wooden Staircase: Bloomer Park
Over 200 steps down to explore nature at Bloomer Park in Rochester Hills. Don’t miss this Big, Wooden Staircase.
Innovation Hills Park
Innovation Hills Park in Rochester Hills just debuted their one-mile boardwalk trails in July of 2020. Enjoy a picnic, fishing, hiking, and the green space.
Bernadette Manaay is a proud mom of two wonderful kids, Ianna and Bernard. She has been married to her husband, Ian, for almost 11 years. Bernadette is a Physical Therapist by profession in Metro Detroit. Her family loves to travel and go camping every summer and early fall. Her desire and passion to document her family’s everyday life lead her to become a self-taught photographer. It is very fulfilling to a mom to capture and freeze as many moments as we can because time just flies so fast. See the special memories of her family on her Instagram account: @adetteskyph.