Wabash Park Neighborhood Park in Rochester Hills
Visitor’s Guide Visitor’s Guide and Photo Gallery for Wabash Park, community garden, play equipment, picnic tables & grilling facilities.
Website Google Map
Wabash Park Location
Wabash Park is a 3.7-acre park located just west of Rochester Road, and North of Auburn Road in Rochester Hills. There is a gravel parking lot available just off of Hickory Lawn Road.
Wabash Park Playground
This park offers a smaller playground area. There are also several balance and bouncing pieces. Additionally, the park has baby bucket swings, an ADA swing as well as traditional swings. The play area is covered with wood chips.
Other Activities at the Park
Beyond the play structure, Wabash Park offers picnic tables, grills and a lot of green space. Additionally, the park offers a community garden where residents can collaborate to grow plants, vegetables, and fruits.
Wabash Park Summary
Play Elements: One large structure together with several smaller elements.
Swings: traditional, baby bucks as well as ADA Swings.
Surface: wood chips.
Unique Features: Wabash Park is home to a community garden.
Bathrooms: no restrooms are available.
Drinking Fountain: Seasonal.
Picnic Tables: yes.
Sports Fields: none.
Walking Trails: none.
Parking: There is free parking in a gravel parking lot that is adjacent to the park.
Tot Play Structure. no
Fenced in: no
Seating: benches as well as picnic tables.
Other Parks in Rochester Hills
- Avon Nature Study Area is a 102.5-acre park that offers nature trails, wildlife viewing, a pond as well as a gazebo.
- Avondale Park a park that features sports fields for rent together with a playground and picnic areas.
- Bloomer Park is a 200-acre community park. The park features sports fields, picnic shelters, a velodrome, trials as well as a play area. There is a fee to use this park.
- Earl E. Borden Park is a 143-acre sports park. This park hosts sports fiels, batting cages, tennis courts, basketball courts together with a roller hockey rink.
- Eugene S. Nowicki Park is a 340-acre undeveloped park.
- Helen V. Allen Park features softball diamonds on it’s 4.5 acres.
- Innovation Hills is currently under development. The park features a beautiful green space with lighted pathways together with fragrant gardens.
- Museum at Van Hoosen Farm is located along Stony creek. The farm offers tours, special events day camps as well as weddings.
- Thelma G Spencer Park is a 113-acre park. The community park has an entry fee and features a beautiful lake together with a beach area for swimming.
- Veterans Memorial Pointe is a 5.1-acre park. The park features a granite monument, gazebo as well as a memorial pathway.
- Wabash Park is a small neighborhood park. Offers a picnic area, community gardens together with a small playground.
- Yates Park is located directly across from Yates Cider Mill. The park hosts several picnic tables as well as many fishing sites along the Clinton River.
Connect with Rochester Hills
Certainly, check out some of the other places we have visited in Rochester, Michigan. By the same token, you can find other parks and playgrounds in Metro Detroit. Likewise, you might find your next adventure on our list of our top ten favorite playgrounds in Metro Detroit.