Admission is only $10 per car for a daily pass or $70 for the year (at the time of publication). The 113 acres park offers swimming in a 38 acre lake, fishing, shelters, tents, picnic tables, play structures, tennis courts, sand volleyball court, wooded nature paths, modern restrooms, rowboat and paddleboat rentals (seasonal) and concessions (seasonal).
For those of you who like to picnic, there were plenty of tables in shady areas, and I noticed that they had grills and allowed you to bring your own grill. We packed an easy lunch and had food from the concessions for dinner. They offer pizza, hot dogs, nachos, pretzels, soda, water, chips, candy and more.
The beach was really nice with two swimming areas.
The area to the left, the Wading Area, was for smaller guests and had a max depth of three feet. This was great for all three of my kids, although Rosa (7) and Carlyn (4) both liked swimming in the Main Swim area because it went up to four feet at the blue roped area. Children are not allowed to wear flotation devices in the Main Swim Area.
Lifeguards are on duty through the summer. The sand is a little rocky, but not too rocky that it hurts your feet and the water appeared to be rather clean.
The kids really liked playing on the structures. There was a little structure too just for toddlers and swings.
Modern restrooms, concessions, first aid and an outdoor shower are available in the building above.
They offer boat and paddleboat rentals, although I didn’t check the prices, and below you can see the fishing pier.
Overall, we had a great day at this beach and look forward to visiting again. Next year we will likely get a pass as it is not to far from our home.
Other Parks in Rochester Hills
- Avon Nature Study Area is a 102.5-acre park that offers nature trails, wildlife viewing, a pond as well as a gazebo.
- Avondale Park a park that features sports fields for rent together with a playground and picnic areas.
- Bloomer Park is a 200-acre community park. The park features sports fields, picnic shelters, a velodrome, trials as well as a play area. There is a fee to use this park.
- Earl E. Borden Park is a 143-acre sports park. This park hosts sports fields, batting cages, tennis courts, basketball courts together with a roller hockey rink.
- Eugene S. Nowicki Park is a 340-acre undeveloped park.
- Helen V. Allen Park features softball diamonds on it’s 4.5 acres.
- Innovation Hills is currently under development. The park features a beautiful green space with lighted pathways together with fragrant gardens.
- Museum at Van Hoosen Farm is located along Stony creek. The farm offers tours, special events day camps as well as weddings.
- Thelma G Spencer Park is a 113-acre park. The community park has an entry fee and features a beautiful lake together with a beach area for swimming.
- Veterans Memorial Pointe is a 5.1-acre park. The park features a granite monument, gazebo as well as a memorial pathway.
- Wabash Park is a small neighborhood park. Offers a picnic area, community gardens together with a small playground.
- Yates Park is located directly across from Yates Cider Mill. The park hosts several picnic tables as well as many fishing sites along the Clinton River.
Connect with Rochester Hills
More Family Fun in Rochester Hills
Yates Cider Mill
This location offers freshly made cider, donuts, as well as many varieties of apples. Bakes goods, Frankenmuth fudge, fruit preserves and honey are also available.
The Big, Wooden Staircase: Bloomer Park
Over 200 steps down to explore nature at Bloomer Park in Rochester Hills. Don’t miss this Big, Wooden Staircase.
Innovation Hills Park
Innovation Hills Park in Rochester Hills just debuted their one-mile boardwalk trails in July of 2020. Enjoy a picnic, fishing, hiking, and the green space.
Amber is the proud Homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (24), Rosaleigh (10), Carlyn (7), Naomi (4), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes three cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy.