Castle Playground Adventures Await you at Booth Park – Birmingham
Booth Park in Birmingham is located off of Old Woodward a few blocks North of Maple (15 Mile), right in the heart of downtown Birmingham.
Parking is available along Old Woodward or along the street but it is all metered, so be sure to bring your change along. The park features two main structures, a few shaded tables, a variety of swings, two drinking fountains, a sandbox, an AstroTurf hill and also beautiful landscaping. There were a few garbage cans along the perimeter of the park. However, to my dismay, there are no public restrooms.
The Playground at Booth Park
The larger play structure hosts lots of ramps together with nets for climbing and running. Children can also enjoy the slides, a castle tower, monkey rings, a bouncy bridge, a rock-climbing wall and an arch that sprays a fine mist of water (perfect for a warm summer day). The structure also provides plenty of shade for children (and parents) to get away from the suns rays.
The toddler section features a train theme, with smaller steps, a slide, tunnel as well as monkey rings. This side of the park has a toddler swing and a large chair swing, a musical toy, a platform mountain, a sandbox and also shaded table seating.
Finally, our favorite part of this park is the astro-turf hill. Children bring cardboard boxes and slide down the hill, similar to a sledding hill. Despite being a ton of fun, it is also very dangerous. Visitors should be very careful while walking near the hill. For this reason the city has posted signs that prohibit the use of the hill in this manner.
Booth Park also features a great green space, perfect for Frisbee, blanket picnics, ball games and more. For nature lovers, there is a beautiful trail leading south off the park.
Overall, the park was very clean and well maintained. The children were well behaved and also supervised. Unquestionably, we had a grand time. This might be my new favorite park.
Booth Park in Birmingham Overview:
Play Elements: A big castle structure as well as a train-themed toddler seciton.
Swings: two regular, a tire swing, an ADA swing in addition to two toddler swings
Surface: wood chips, grass together with paved sidewalks
Unique Features: zen garden as well as a sandbox
Water Fountain: yes
Picnic Tables: cafe style tables with umbrellas
Sports Fields: no
Walking Trails: yes
Parking: Metered street parking
Tot Play Structure: yes
Fenced in: no
Seating: rocks and benches
Connect with the City of Birmingham
Parks in Birmingham, Michigan
- Birmingham Museum
- Barnum Park & Outdoor Ice Rink is an amazing community gathering place featuring play structures, sports fields, a walking path, & an outdoor ice rink.
- Booth Park & Sledding Hill in Downtown Birmingham is an amazing playground for children with a giant castle playscape, zen garden, swings, sandbox, and astro-turf hills.
- Kenning Park
- Lincoln Hills Golf Course (with sledding during the winter)
- Poppleton Park is a 13-acre community park in Birmingham, Michigan featuring three play structures, tennis, ball diamond and lots of green space.
- Lower Baldwin Park on Quarton Lake is a 29-acre park in Birmingham. The park surrounds Quarton Lake, with a gravel trail, fishing piers and greenspace.
- Shain Park is a 2.8-acre park in Birmingham with a plaza fountain, bandshell, small playground, manicured gardens, and plenty of benches and cafe seating.
- Springdale Park And Golf Course
Martha Baldwin Park
Quarton Tennis Courts
St. James Park
West Lincoln Well Site
Pump House Park
Check out our Ten Favorite Playgrounds in Metro Detroit.