VFW Park is located on the west side of Campbell Road, just north of Lincoln (10 1/2 Mile) in Royal Oak. This almost 8 acre park has one large play structure with many slides, a bridge as well as other fun features.
This park also has infant/toddler swings along with regular sized swings available. Pavilions with plenty of picnic tables makes this a great park for a picnic. Restrooms and drinking fountains are available in the community center which is right across the street.
Overall this park was rather clean. It was very soggy due to the recent rains, but the play areas were all pretty dry. Two benches are situated near the playground so parents can relax while watching their children play.
One big drawback to this park is it’s proximity to Campbell. There is no barrier between the park and busy road, although the structure is a good distance away. If your child is prone to bolting away, you will need to be very vigilant if you visit this park.
VFW Park in Royal Oak Location and Hours
Located at Campbell and Lincoln. The park is open daily from 6:00 am until 8:00 pm
Address: Lincoln & Campbell, Royal Oak, MI 48067
Salter Community Center: 1545 E Lincoln Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48067
This park is home to several sports fields. Guests can enjoy baseball/softball fields in addition to a multipurpose field. There is also a tennis courts and gaga ball available for guests.
Picnic goers can enjoy several tables together with a pavilion.
Finally, the park has restrooms.
The Playground at VFW Park in Royal Oak
The playground at VFW Park in Royal Oak offers one giant structure for the children. In addition to the large play structure, the park hosts baby bucket swings together with regular swings.
Connect with Royal Oak
Other Parks with Playgrounds in Royal Oak
Community Parks in Royal Oak
- Dickinson Park – Located at Springer & Amherst. Basketball court, picnic tables, soccer field, tennis court along with a playground.
- Dondero Park – Located at Dondero & Hoffman. Baseball / Softball, Basketball Court, Picnic Tables, playground as well as tennis.
- Elks Park – Located at Normandy & Rosewold. Baseball/Softball field, basketball court, picnic tables, soccer field, tennis court as well as a playground.
- Exchange Park – Located at Campbell & Montrose. Baseball / Softball field, Outdoor Ice Skating Rink, Playground, soccer field and also a tennis court.
- Gunn Dyer Park – Located at Chester & Hampton. Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, together with a Playground.
- Kenwood Park – Located at Kenwood & Forest Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Tables, playground, soccer and also tennis.
- Lawson Park – Located at Irving & Parent. Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, picnic tables, playground together with volleyball.
- Lockman Park – Located at Connecticut & Derby. Basketball, Drinking Fountain, Fitness Stations, picnic tables playground, tennis and also volleyball.
- Meininger Park – Located at Maxwell & Farnum. Basketball, Drinking Fountain, Fitness Stations, outdoor ice skating rink, picnic tables, playground, tennis court as well as vita course.
- Memorial Park – Located at 13 Mile and Woodward. Sports fields include: Baseball / Softball Fields, Concession, Football Field, and also a tennis court. The park also contains a pavilion, picnic tables, playground, and restrooms.
- Optimist Park – Located at Rochester Road & Montrose. Sports fields include baseball/softball, multipurpose field, soccer an also volleyball. In addition to sports, the park hosts picnic tables and a playground.
- Red Run Park – Located at Girard & Vermont. Sport fields include Baseball / Softball, Basketball, tennis, soccer as well as tennis. The park is also home to picnic areas and a playground.
- Starr Jaycee Park – Located at 13 Mile & Crooks. Sport fields include Baseball / Softball, Fitness Stations, Football Field, frisbee golf, and also volleyball. Guests can enjoy a playground as well as a pavilion.
- VFW Park – Located at Campbell & Lincoln. Baseball / Softball, Basketball, Multi-Purpose Field, pavilion, picnic tables, playground, restrooms and tennis.
- Waterworks Park – Located at Marywood & Lloyd. Baseball / Softball, Fitness Stations, Multi-Purpose Field
- Whittier Park – Located at Farnum & Alexander. Multi-Purpose Field, Pickleball Courts, Picnic Tables, playground as well as soccer.
Neighborhood Parks in Royal Oak
- Barton Park I – Located at Troy & Pingree. Picnic Tables Playground.
- Bassett Park – Located at Campbell Road. Asphalt Play Area Playground Soccer Field.
- Clawson Park – Located on Woodland. This park is home to picnic tables as well as a playground.
- Cody Park – Located at Cody & 12 Mile. Playground Soccer Field Picnic Tables.
- Cummingston Park – Located at Torquay and Leafdale. Includes multi-purpose field, picnic tables, playground as well as trails.
- Fernwood Park – Located at Austin & Farnum. Basketball Playground Soccer Field.
- Franklin Park – Located at Harrison & Mohawk. Playground Tennis Court.
- Fulton Park – Located at Parkway Drive & Normandy. Picnic Tables and also a Playground.
- Grant Park – Located at Fifth & Kayser. Baseball / Softball Picnic Tables Playground soccer.
- Lions Club Park – Located at Hilldale & Woodsboro. Picnic Tables Playground.
- Maddock Park – Located at Lincoln & Stephenson. Playground Soccer Field Vita Course.
- Marais Park – Located at Marais & Vinsetta. Multi-Purpose Field as well as a playground.
- Marks Park – Located at 2nd & Blair. Multi-Purpose Field Picnic Tables Playground.
- Maudlin Park – Located at Cooper Avenue & Samoset. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Tables, Playground and also a soccer field.
- Miller Park – Located at Garden Avenue & Webster Avenue. Picnic Areas as well as a playground.
- Milton Hey – Hudson Park – Located at Knowles & Batavia. Basketball Multi-Purpose Field Picnic Tables playground.
- Pioneer Park – Located at Parkway Drive & Normandy. Picnic areas and also a playground.
- Quickstad Park Nature Center – Normandy & Lexington. The Tenhave Woods Nature Trails are located within Quickstad Park.
- Realtor Park – Located at Main & Sunnybrook. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Areas, together with a Playground.
- Sullivan Park – Located at Greenfield Road & Samoset Road. Picnic areas and also a playground.
- Upton Park – Located at Nakota & Mandalay. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Areas, Playground together with a Tennis Court.
- Wagner Park – Located at Rochester & Main. Dog Run, Frisbee Golf, Picnic Areas as well as a playground.
- Worden Park East – Located at Lexington & Marias Avenue. Picnic Areas as well as a Playground.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.