If you like big thrills, then you won’t want to miss the Oakland County Fair, returning to Springfield Oaks County Park in Davisburg July 7-16. Carnival rides, amazing food, youth competitions, daily events, as well as the main arena events are some of the many reasons your family will love the fair this year.
Fair Highlights for 2023
This year, fair highlights include a variety of family-friendly attractions such as:
- Hot Glass Academy, a series of glass blowing demonstrations
- K9’s in Flight, showcasing the skills of the world’s top Frisbee dogs, big air high-jump dogs and the high-flying dock-diving dogs
- Master Chain Saw Artist Ben Risney, who will create up to three carvings daily. All carvings will be available for purchase during a carving auction at 4 p.m. July 15
- Racing Pigs
- Show-Me-Safari Petting Zoo
The fair will also feature tasty food selections, Big Rock Amusements carnival and themed days like Senior Day on July 10, Toddler Tuesday on July 11 and Individuals with Disabilities Day on July 13. Many fairgoers enjoy connecting with farm animals like sheep, goats and cows, while watching horse competitions and visiting with animals such as dogs, cats, rabbits, alpacas and poultry.
“The Oakland County Fair celebrates Oakland County’s rural agricultural heritage and shares it with those who live in urban communities throughout the county. As friends reconnect and new relationships are forged, the fair provides community building opportunities that offer everyone a broader perspective, creating stronger community bonds,” Oakland County Parks Director Chris Ward said.
A highlight are the project exhibitions prepared by youth for competition. By participating in these contests, children and teens develop new skills as they create and display crafts, recipes, photography, creative writing, wood and metal working projects, plant science and more. The projects are judged, and ribbons awarded.
“Generations of community leaders first tapped into their creativity and honed their leadership skills at the Oakland County Fair. It is an event that families and friends can enjoy together in a beautiful outdoor setting,” Ward added.
Main arena eventsin the evening include an off-road demolition derby, Micro Wrestling, Figure 8 Races, Superkicker Rodeo, Night of Destruction and Monster Trucks. Tickets for these events may be purchased at OakFair.org.
Oakland County Fair Admission and Parking
Fair parking, which includes admission, is $15/vehicle and $10/motorcycle or walk-in. Presenting sponsor Oakland County Parks offers free parking Friday, July 7 and Thursday, July 13 with a 2023 Oakland County Parks Annual Vehicle Permit. Fireworks will begin after dusk following the Friday night, July 7, concert by the Grant Reiff band and the Crowning of 2023 Oakland County Fair Royalty.
Carnival Times and Daily Armband Prices
Friday, July 7 1 pm until 11 pm $30 all day armband
Saturday, July 8 12 until 11 pm $30 all day armband
Sunday, July 9 12 until 10 pm $30 all day armband
Monday July 10 1 until10 pm $30 all day armband
Buy one get one coupon valid – Coupons Must be printed. If you Cannot print out the coupon please stop in the fair office to pick up your coupon.
Tuesday July 11 1 until 10 pm $25 all day armband
Wednesday July 12 1 until 10 pm $30 all day armband
Kids 14 and under get free Rodeo admission with armband
Thursday July 13 1 until 10 pm $25 all day armband
Friday, July 14 1 pm until 10 pm $30 all day armband
Saturday, July 15 12-11 pm $30 all day armband
Sunday, July 16 12-7 pm $25 all day armband
Oakland County Fair Location and Hours
Springfield Oaks County Park is located at 12451 Andersonville Road in Davisburg. For a complete fair schedule, visit OakFair.org.
The Oakland County Fair will open at 9 am daily and run until 10 pm on the weekdays, 11 pm on the weekends. The fair dates are July 7th through the 16th.
Connect with Oakland County Parks
Oakland County Parks
- Addison Oaks – an 1140 acre park in Leonard. Offers a wide range of activities. Sports, hiking and also picnicking. Visitors can also enjoy camping, playgrounds, boat rentals, and geocaching.fishing,
- Catalpa Oaks – a 24-acre park in Southfield. Guests can enjoy sports, sledding, picnicking, as well as a playground.
- Farmer’s Market – in Waterford. Open three days a week. Fresh produce, flowers, and hand-made goods.
- Groveland Oaks – in Holly. Offers trails, camping, picnicking, together with a beach. Visitors can also enjoy boating, the skate park, mini-golf, or the playground.
- Highland Oaks – located in Highland, Michigan. 302 acres with 2.5 miles of trails. Some activities include archery/hunting boating and also fishing.
- Independence Oaks – the largest Oakland County Park. Home to the Wint Nature Center. Some activities include swimming, boating, sports, trails, as well as playgrounds.
- Lyon Oaks – 1041 acre park in Wixom. 6 miles of nature trails. Additionally, the park offers sports, hunting, a dog park, and a playground.
- Orion Oaks – a 24-acre park. Features a dog park. The park hosts boating, trails, as well as fishing.
- Red Oaks– in Madison Heights. Park offers many activities across several sites. Dog park, soccer, playground facilities as well as the Red Oaks Waterpark.
- Rose Oaks – a 640 undeveloped park in Holly. Offers trails, picnicking, boating together with fishing.
- Springfield Oaks – in Davisburg. Features the Ellis Barn. They offer trails and fairgrounds.
- Waterford Oaks – home to both the Waterford Oaks Waterpark and also the Bicycle Motocross Track. Additionally, the park hosts sports fields, trails, a playground. In the winter guests can enjoy sledding or snowshoeing.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.