In 2020, Royal Oak spent about $440,000 to upgrade the playground equipment at Sullivan Park. The new playground includes two play areas. One is designed for children 3 to 5 and another for children ages 5 to 12.
Sullivan Park in Royal Oak Location and Hours
The 3.3-acre park is located on Greenfield, just south of West 14 Mile Road. Get Directions. The park is open daily from 6:00 am until 8:00 pm.
For the younger children, there is a colorful toddler play structure with a slide as well as several climbing elements. In addition to the mega tower playscape, younger children can enjoy a sandbox, as well as a wide variety of swings.
The park contains traditional swings along with flat seated swings and a three person swing carousel. During our visit, the swing carousel was constantly busy. Most of the riders had huge smiles on their faces while riding.
Another amazing feature at this playground is the upgrade from mulch to a poured rubber which provides a safer fall zone for the guests.
In addition to the playground, the park had greenspace as well as picnic tables, and grills. Paved street parking is available along Samoset Road.
Sullivan Park in Royal Oak has several balance and spinning structures for older children to enjoy. The park also hosts a large climbing net structure and a zip line.
Sullivan Park in Royal Oak Overview
- Play Elements: a toddler structure, giant climbing net, zip line together with many smaller elements.
- Swings: standard swings, flat swings, as well as a three-person carousel swing.
- Surface: poured rubber as well as grass.
- Unique Features: spider web climbing element as well as many spinning and balancing features.
- Bathrooms: no.
- Drinking Fountain: no.
- Shade: yes.
- Pavilion: no.
- Picnic Tables: Yes.
- Grills: yes.
- Sports Fields: none.
- Walking Trails: none.
- Parking: paved street parking.
- Tot Play Structure: yes.
- Fenced in: no.
- Seating: just the nearby picnic tables.
Connect with Royal Oak
Other Parks with Playgrounds in Royal Oak
Community Parks in Royal Oak
- Dickinson Park – Located at Springer & Amherst. Basketball court, picnic tables, soccer field, tennis court along with a playground.
- Dondero Park – Located at Dondero & Hoffman. Baseball / Softball, Basketball Court, Picnic Tables, playground as well as tennis.
- Elks Park – Located at Normandy & Rosewold. Baseball/Softball field, basketball court, picnic tables, soccer field, tennis court as well as a playground.
- Exchange Park – Located at Campbell & Montrose. Baseball / Softball field, Outdoor Ice Skating Rink, Playground, soccer field and also a tennis court.
- Gunn Dyer Park – Located at Chester & Hampton. Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, together with a Playground.
- Kenwood Park – Located at Kenwood & Forest Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Tables, playground, soccer and also tennis.
- Lawson Park – Located at Irving & Parent. Baseball / Softball, Multi-Purpose Field, picnic tables, playground together with volleyball.
- Lockman Park – Located at Connecticut & Derby. Basketball, Drinking Fountain, Fitness Stations, picnic tables playground, tennis and also volleyball.
- Meininger Park – Located at Maxwell & Farnum. Basketball, Drinking Fountain, Fitness Stations, outdoor ice skating rink, picnic tables, playground, tennis court as well as vita course.
- Memorial Park – Located at 13 Mile and Woodward. Sports fields include: Baseball / Softball Fields, Concession, Football Field, and also a tennis court. The park also contains a pavilion, picnic tables, playground, and restrooms.
- Optimist Park – Located at Rochester Road & Montrose. Sports fields include baseball/softball, multipurpose field, soccer an also volleyball. In addition to sports, the park hosts picnic tables and a playground.
- Red Run Park – Located at Girard & Vermont. Sport fields include Baseball / Softball, Basketball, tennis, soccer as well as tennis. The park is also home to picnic areas and a playground.
- Starr Jaycee Park – Located at 13 Mile & Crooks. Sport fields include Baseball / Softball, Fitness Stations, Football Field, frisbee golf, and also volleyball. Guests can enjoy a playground as well as a pavilion.
- VFW Park – Located at Campbell & Lincoln. Baseball / Softball, Basketball, Multi-Purpose Field, pavilion, picnic tables, playground, restrooms and tennis.
- Waterworks Park – Located at Marywood & Lloyd. Baseball / Softball, Fitness Stations, Multi-Purpose Field
- Whittier Park – Located at Farnum & Alexander. Multi-Purpose Field, Pickleball Courts, Picnic Tables, playground as well as soccer.
Neighborhood Parks in Royal Oak
- Barton Park I – Located at Troy & Pingree. Picnic Tables Playground.
- Bassett Park – Located at Campbell Road. Asphalt Play Area Playground Soccer Field.
- Clawson Park – Located on Woodland. This park is home to picnic tables as well as a playground.
- Cody Park – Located at Cody & 12 Mile. Playground Soccer Field Picnic Tables.
- Cummingston Park – Located at Torquay and Leafdale. Includes multi-purpose field, picnic tables, playground as well as trails.
- Fernwood Park – Located at Austin & Farnum. Basketball Playground Soccer Field.
- Franklin Park – Located at Harrison & Mohawk. Playground Tennis Court.
- Fulton Park – Located at Parkway Drive & Normandy. Picnic Tables and also a Playground.
- Grant Park – Located at Fifth & Kayser. Baseball / Softball Picnic Tables Playground soccer.
- Lions Club Park – Located at Hilldale & Woodsboro. Picnic Tables Playground.
- Maddock Park – Located at Lincoln & Stephenson. Playground Soccer Field Vita Course.
- Marais Park – Located at Marais & Vinsetta. Multi-Purpose Field as well as a playground.
- Marks Park – Located at 2nd & Blair. Multi-Purpose Field Picnic Tables Playground.
- Maudlin Park – Located at Cooper Avenue & Samoset. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Tables, Playground and also a soccer field.
- Miller Park – Located at Garden Avenue & Webster Avenue. Picnic Areas as well as a playground.
- Milton Hey – Hudson Park – Located at Knowles & Batavia. Basketball Multi-Purpose Field Picnic Tables playground.
- Pioneer Park – Located at Parkway Drive & Normandy. Picnic areas and also a playground.
- Quickstad Park Nature Center – Normandy & Lexington. The Tenhave Woods Nature Trails are located within Quickstad Park.
- Realtor Park – Located at Main & Sunnybrook. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Areas, together with a Playground.
- Sullivan Park – Located at Greenfield Road & Samoset Road. Picnic areas and also a playground.
- Upton Park – Located at Nakota & Mandalay. Multi-Purpose Field, Picnic Areas, Playground together with a Tennis Court.
- Wagner Park – Located at Rochester & Main. Dog Run, Frisbee Golf, Picnic Areas as well as a playground.
- Worden Park East – Located at Lexington & Marias Avenue. Picnic Areas as well as a Playground.
Amber is the proud Homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (24), Rosaleigh (10), Carlyn (7), Naomi (4), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes three cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy.