The sledding hill at Booth Park in Birmingham is located off of Old Woodward a few blocks North of Maple (15 Mile), right in the heart of downtown Birmingham. Parking is available along Old Woodward or along the street but it is all metered, so be sure to bring your change along.
The Sledding Hill at Booth Park
Winter is here and we are gearing up for a lot of fun in the snow and sun. With so many wonderful parks in Metro Detroit featuring outdoor winter activities, there is no reason not to get outside and play. Sledding is a favorite winter pastime in Metro Detroit. Booth Park offers a smaller hill that is perfect for younger children.
The Sledding Hill at Booth Park is not too steep and provides a quick fun ride for parkgoers. There are no public restrooms, so make sure you go before you visit, or be prepared to visit one of the many local shops or restaurants for a quick stop to warm up or use the facilities.
The sledding hill at Booth Park is “use at your own risk” and adults must accompany and supervise their children while using the park.
In addition to the sledding hill, this park features two main structures, a few shaded tables, a variety of swings, two drinking fountains, a sandbox, an AstroTurf hill, and also beautiful landscaping.
Connect with the City of Birmingham
Parks in Birmingham, Michigan
- Birmingham Museum
- Barnum Park & Outdoor Ice Rink is an amazing community gathering place featuring play structures, sports fields, a walking path, & an outdoor ice rink.
- Booth Park & Sledding Hill in Downtown Birmingham is an amazing playground for children with a giant castle playscape, zen garden, swings, sandbox, and astro-turf hills.
- Kenning Park
- Lincoln Hills Golf Course (with sledding during the winter)
- Poppleton Park is a 13-acre community park in Birmingham, Michigan featuring three play structures, tennis, ball diamond and lots of green space.
- Lower Baldwin Park on Quarton Lake is a 29-acre park in Birmingham. The park surrounds Quarton Lake, with a gravel trail, fishing piers and greenspace.
- Shain Park is a 2.8-acre park in Birmingham with a plaza fountain, bandshell, small playground, manicured gardens, and plenty of benches and cafe seating.
- Springdale Park And Golf Course
Martha Baldwin Park
Quarton Tennis Courts
St. James Park
West Lincoln Well Site
Pump House Park
Check out our Ten Favorite Playgrounds in Metro Detroit.
I’m a Detroit photographer, who wants to show everyone how beautiful the world can be! I graduated from Michigan State University in 2014. In addition to photography, I also work with children with autism. My son Rowan is 4 and we reside in Detroit Michigan where I grew up. I am currently continuing my education at Wayne State University.