Lower Baldwin Park on Quarton Lake is also known as Quarton Lake Park. The 29-acre park is located north of Maple Road, and also West of Woodward. The park is tucked away in a neighborhood community, therefore parking is limited. You can park on southbound Lakeside Drive.
Lower Baldwin Park on Quarton Lake Amenities
This community park offers guests plenty of green space to explore. Visitors can also enjoy fishing as long as they are either under the age of 14 or over the age of 62. There are two fishing piers within the park as well as plenty of other great places to fish. The lake not only provides for a beautiful scenic walk along a gravel path but also plenty of places to stop along the way. Additionally, there are a few places where you can sit on the big, flat boulders along the water’s edge. The park also has a few benches in a variety of locations.
If you follow the path from the north then it will lead you south, over a footbridge, and into a large green space right on 15 Mile Road. Visitors can enjoy the man-made step waterfalls, beautiful gazebo, and also the sculpture “Dancing Fish” by James Clover.
Wildlife at Lower Baldwin Park
During our visit, we observed a wide variety of wildlife. The girls were mesmerized by the dragonflies which came in both different sizes and colors. We also spotted any different bird species, bees, ladybugs, fish, and even a turtle.
The beautifully manicured gardens together with the natural lakeside plants provided an opportunity for us to see many different plants and flowers. In addition to the land plants, lily pads were abundant in Quarton Lake. We even saw a few that had flowered.
Lower Balwin Park on Quarton Lake Overview:
Play Elements: none
Surface: grass as well as gravel pathways
Unique Features: man-made waterfall
Drinking Fountain: no
Picnic Tables: no
Sports Fields: none
Walking Trails: yes, gravel trail along the lake
Parking: street parking along southbound Lakeside Drive
Tot Play Structure: no
Fenced in: no
Seating: park benches
Connect with the City of Birmingham
Parks in Birmingham, Michigan
- Birmingham Museum
- Barnum Park & Outdoor Ice Rink is an amazing community gathering place featuring play structures, sports fields, a walking path, & an outdoor ice rink.
- Booth Park & Sledding Hill in Downtown Birmingham is an amazing playground for children with a giant castle playscape, zen garden, swings, sandbox, and astro-turf hills.
- Kenning Park
- Lincoln Hills Golf Course (with sledding during the winter)
- Poppleton Park is a 13-acre community park in Birmingham, Michigan featuring three play structures, tennis, ball diamond and lots of green space.
- Lower Baldwin Park on Quarton Lake is a 29-acre park in Birmingham. The park surrounds Quarton Lake, with a gravel trail, fishing piers and greenspace.
- Shain Park is a 2.8-acre park in Birmingham with a plaza fountain, bandshell, small playground, manicured gardens, and plenty of benches and cafe seating.
- Springdale Park And Golf Course
Martha Baldwin Park
Quarton Tennis Courts
St. James Park
West Lincoln Well Site
Pump House Park
Finally, you may want to check out our Ten Favorite Playgrounds in Metro Detroit.
Amber is the proud Homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (24), Rosaleigh (10), Carlyn (7), Naomi (4), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes three cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy.