Poppleton Park in Birmingham
Poppleton Park one of nine community parks within Birmingham, Michigan. This 13-acre park hosts a playground, tennis court, ball diamond as well as lots of green space. It is located just east of Woodward Avenue, north of East Maple Road. There is a small parking lot with access the ball field together with the tennis court. Further, visitors that want to enjoy the playground can park along Oxford Street.
The Playground at Poppleton Park
At the present time, the playground at Poppleton Park consists of three main structures. One more traditional structure with climbing elements together with a couple of slides. The second structure includes monkey bars as well as several climbing elements. Finally, the smallest structure is a climbing dome.
Evidently, Poppleton Park has some amazing upgrades in the works. These upgrades include a new universal accessible play area, picnic shelter, permanent portable toilets, together with 8-foot walkways with distance markers.
In addition to the play structures the park offers a few sand boxes, lots of green space, a tennis court together with a baseball diamond. Two portable toilets are available at both the playground and near the tennis courts.
Visitors can sit back and relax on one of the few benches, shaded picnic tables, and also a bench swing.
Poppleton Park in Birmingham Overview:
Play Elements: Three play structures
Swings: regular swings only
Surface: wood chips, grass together with sand
Unique Features: sandbox
Bathrooms: portable toilets
Water Fountain: no
Picnic Tables: yes three
Sports Fields: Tennis court as well as a baseball diamond
Walking Trails: no
Parking: small paved lot as well as street parking
Tot Play Structure: no
Fenced in: no
Connect with the City of Birmingham
Parks in Birmingham, Michigan
- Birmingham Museum
- Barnum Park & Outdoor Ice Rink is an amazing community gathering place featuring play structures, sports fields, a walking path, & an outdoor ice rink.
- Booth Park & Sledding Hill in Downtown Birmingham is an amazing playground for children with a giant castle playscape, zen garden, swings, sandbox, and astro-turf hills.
- Kenning Park
- Lincoln Hills Golf Course (with sledding during the winter)
- Poppleton Park is a 13-acre community park in Birmingham, Michigan featuring three play structures, tennis, ball diamond and lots of green space.
- Lower Baldwin Park on Quarton Lake is a 29-acre park in Birmingham. The park surrounds Quarton Lake, with a gravel trail, fishing piers and greenspace.
- Shain Park is a 2.8-acre park in Birmingham with a plaza fountain, bandshell, small playground, manicured gardens, and plenty of benches and cafe seating.
- Springdale Park And Golf Course
Martha Baldwin Park
Quarton Tennis Courts
St. James Park
West Lincoln Well Site
Pump House Park
Check out our Ten Favorite Playgrounds in Metro Detroit.