We are so excited to share that a brand new splash pad will be opening this summer in Rochester Hills. As part of a plan to renovate a 6-mile corridor of Auburn Road, the project completely renovated the street including roundabouts, on-street parking, sidewalks, landscaping and lighting. In addition to the reconstruction of Auburn Road, the roadway median will be getting updates and feature elements. The new splash pad and restroom building open today.
Rochester Hills Splash Pad
Emmons Plaza is a beautiful space that features a ramped entrance, plenty of seating, and gorgeous landscaping. Guests can enjoy the splash pad as well as a rain garden. There are even charging stations within the plaza and restroom facilities.
Emmons Plaza Splash Pad Hours and Location
The brand new splash pad is located at 1551 E Auburn Rd. Will open today, June 9th (weather permitting). It will be open 11am until 7pm daily from May to September.
Other Parks in Rochester Hills
- Avon Nature Study Area is a 102.5-acre park that offers nature trails, wildlife viewing, a pond as well as a gazebo.
- Avondale Park a park that features sports fields for rent together with a playground and picnic areas.
- Bloomer Park is a 200-acre community park. The park features sports fields, picnic shelters, a velodrome, trials as well as a play area. There is a fee to use this park.
- Earl E. Borden Park is a 143-acre sports park. This park hosts sports fields, batting cages, tennis courts, basketball courts together with a roller hockey rink.
- Eugene S. Nowicki Park is a 340-acre undeveloped park.
- Helen V. Allen Park features softball diamonds on it’s 4.5 acres.
- Innovation Hills is currently under development. The park features a beautiful green space with lighted pathways together with fragrant gardens.
- Museum at Van Hoosen Farm is located along Stony creek. The farm offers tours, special events day camps as well as weddings.
- Thelma G Spencer Park is a 113-acre park. The community park has an entry fee and features a beautiful lake together with a beach area for swimming.
- Veterans Memorial Pointe is a 5.1-acre park. The park features a granite monument, gazebo as well as a memorial pathway.
- Wabash Park is a small neighborhood park. Offers a picnic area, community gardens together with a small playground.
- Yates Park is located directly across from Yates Cider Mill. The park hosts several picnic tables as well as many fishing sites along the Clinton River.
Connect with Rochester Hills
More Family Fun in Rochester Hills
Yates Cider Mill
This location offers freshly made cider, donuts, as well as many varieties of apples. Bakes goods, Frankenmuth fudge, fruit preserves and honey are also available.
The Big, Wooden Staircase: Bloomer Park
Over 200 steps down to explore nature at Bloomer Park in Rochester Hills. Don’t miss this Big, Wooden Staircase.
Innovation Hills Park
Innovation Hills Park in Rochester Hills just debuted their one-mile boardwalk trails in July of 2020. Enjoy a picnic, fishing, hiking, and the green space.
Michele lives in Troy with her husband, three year old daughter, and two dogs. She enjoys traveling, coffee, gardening, and visiting small businesses and shops. She is a former elementary school teacher turned emergency department nurse. She is always looking for her next Michigan adventure. She enjoys photographing everyday life in her free time and looks forward to contributing to Metro Detroit Mommy