A brand new splash pad opened in the summer of 2021 in Rochester Hills at Brooklands Plaza. As part of a plan to renovate a 6-mile corridor of Auburn Road, the project completely renovated the street including roundabouts, on-street parking, sidewalks, landscaping and lighting. In addition to the reconstruction of Auburn Road, the roadway median will be getting updates and feature elements.
In this article we have included pictures, hours, location, rules as well as a review of the Rochester Hills Splash Pad at Brooklands Plaza.
Rochester Hills Splash Pad at Brooklands Plaza
Brooklands Plaza is a beautiful space that features a ramped entrance, plenty of seating, and gorgeous landscaping. Guests can enjoy the splash pad as well as a rain garden. There are even charging stations within the plaza and also modern restroom facilities. Guests can enjoy a picnic or snack, or even take a break from the action at the cafe style tables and chairs. If you visit later in the evening, then you will notice there are lights about the plaza so you you can enjoy the space. The best part about this splash pad is that it is FREE.
Brooklands Plaza Splash Pad Location
The brand new Rochester Hills splash pad is located at 1551 E Auburn Rd (Between Rochester Road and Dequindre).
The plaza is located east of Culbertson Avenue, on the north side of Auburn Road.
Rochester Hills Splash Pad Hours
It will be open 9 am until 8 pm daily from May 1st to September 30th.
The modern restrooms will be open daily from 10 am until 9 pm.
Brooklands Plaza Splash Pad Rules
💦 Due to the nature of the surface, guests should be careful as wet surfaces can be slippery. Guests are asked to walk, not run.
💦 Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult.
💦 Brooklands Plaza does not allow alcoholic beverages on the grounds.
💦 Rochester Hills asks that the landscape rocks be left where they are and also that the turf hills are not used for sliding.
Other Parks in Rochester Hills
- Avon Nature Study Area is a 102.5-acre park that offers nature trails, wildlife viewing, a pond as well as a gazebo.
- Avondale Park a park that features sports fields for rent together with a playground and picnic areas.
- Bloomer Park is a 200-acre community park. The park features sports fields, picnic shelters, a velodrome, trials as well as a play area. There is a fee to use this park.
- Earl E. Borden Park is a 143-acre sports park. This park hosts sports fields, batting cages, tennis courts, basketball courts together with a roller hockey rink.
- Eugene S. Nowicki Park is a 340-acre undeveloped park.
- Helen V. Allen Park features softball diamonds on it’s 4.5 acres.
- Innovation Hills is currently under development. The park features a beautiful green space with lighted pathways together with fragrant gardens.
- Museum at Van Hoosen Farm is located along Stony creek. The farm offers tours, special events day camps as well as weddings.
- Thelma G Spencer Park is a 113-acre park. The community park has an entry fee and features a beautiful lake together with a beach area for swimming.
- Veterans Memorial Pointe is a 5.1-acre park. The park features a granite monument, gazebo as well as a memorial pathway.
- Wabash Park is a small neighborhood park. Offers a picnic area, community gardens together with a small playground.
- Yates Park is located directly across from Yates Cider Mill. The park hosts several picnic tables as well as many fishing sites along the Clinton River.
Connect with Rochester Hills
More Family Fun in Rochester Hills
Yates Cider Mill
This location offers freshly made cider, donuts, as well as many varieties of apples. Bakes goods, Frankenmuth fudge, fruit preserves and honey are also available.
The Big, Wooden Staircase: Bloomer Park
Over 200 steps down to explore nature at Bloomer Park in Rochester Hills. Don’t miss this Big, Wooden Staircase.
Innovation Hills Park
Innovation Hills Park in Rochester Hills just debuted their one-mile boardwalk trails in July of 2020. Enjoy a picnic, fishing, hiking, and the green space.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.