Last week we stopped by Arthur J. Miller Park to check out the new playground equipment. Over the course of the last few years, the City of Warren has spent a lot of their resources updating playgrounds throughout the city. It’s amazing to see comfort stations, which include restroom facilities at almost every city park.
The Playground at Arthur J. Miller Park in Warren
The playground has two main structures. The larger structure is designed for children five through twelve, while the smaller toddler structure is for children ages two to five. On the larger equipment there is a lot to explore including several climbing elements and a very unique slide. The merry go round is a bit more difficult to spin compared to the one at Hartsig Park. However, the kids still really enjoyed it.
The toddler structure contains a couple of climbing elements together with slides. There were also a couple of spinning seats for the children to test their vestibular skills.
Finally, the playground has six swings. Two traditional swings, two baby bucket swings, an ADA swing as well as a generation swing.
Other Park Amenities
In addition to the amazing new playground area, Miller Park in Warren is home to 12 acres of green space. Guests can enjoy the baseball diamond, soccer field, roller hockey as well as basketball. The park also has restrooms within their comfort station. Finally, a beautiful picnic shelter with grills makes this an amazing place for a family outing.
Arthur J. Miller Park Location
Miller park is in the northeast corner of the Warren at 14500 Masonic Avenue. The park is located on the south side of Masonic between Schoenherr and Hayes.
Arthur J. Miller Park Overview
Play Elements: A large structure, toddler structure, spinning seats, as well as a merry-go-round.
Swings: two regular, two baby bucket swings, an ADA swing, in addition to a face to face swing.
Surface: wood chips and also grass.
Unique Features: merry-go round and spinning seats
Water Fountain: seasonal.
Picnic Tables: yes.
Sports Fields: soccer, baseball, roller hockey and also basketball
Walking Trails: no.
Parking: paved lot.
Tot Play Structure: yes.
Fenced in: no.
Seating: picnic tables under the pavilion.
Connect with Warren
Check out our Ten Favorite Playgrounds in Metro Detroit.
Other Parks in Warren
Community Parks in Warren
- Halmich Park – 3001 13 Mile Rd. 74 acre community park that hosts sports together with two large playgrounds.
- Warren Community Park – 5460 Arden. A 48 acre community park that hosts not only the community center, but also several sports fields and a playground.
- City Square Fountain – One City Square. A 2 acre park featuring a water fountain in the summer and ice rink in the winter. The park is also home to restrooms and several picnic tables.
- Veterans Park (Formerly Council Park) – 27400 Campbell. This community park features a Veterans Memorial in addition to plenty of green space within it’s 22 acres. Park goers can also enjoy a play area, picnic shelter, volleyball and shuffleboard.
- Shaw Park – 22001 Warner. A 20 acre community park that features a play area, plenty of sports together with picnic areas and lots of shaded green space.
Neighborhood Parks in Warren
- Altermatt Park – 4811 Toepfer. This 2.6 neighborhood park is full of trees. Guests can enjoy the play structure and also a nice picnic area.
- Austin-Dannis Park – 5200 Stephens. This 10 acre park hosts a large splay structure in addition to soccer, basketball and roller hockey.
- Bates Park – 32601 Warkop. Features a large play structure in addition to a picnic area, basketball and roller hockey.
- Burdi Park – 7000 12 Mile Rd. Burdi Park is a 8 acre park with a dog park together with soccer fields and a roller hockey court. Guests can also enjoy a large play structure.
- Busse Park – 5002 Frazho. A 10 acre park with lots of green space together with a play area, and tennis courts.
- Butcher Park – 4700 Martin. This 12.5 acre park hosts lots of green space in addition to a play structure and picnic facilities.
- Eckstein Park – 31810 Davy. A 16.6 acre neighborhood park with a play area as well as a soccer field.
- Groesbeck Park – 22221 Memphis. This 6.9 acre park is home to a large play structure, baseball, basketball and picnic facilities.
- Hartsig Park – 2701 Martin. An 11 acre neighborhood park that featured a brand new playground, sports, as well as picnicking facilities.
- Jaycee Park – 11371 Timken. A 4.5 acre park with a play structure, picnic area and roller hockey.
- Licht Park – 30100 Campbell. This 7 acre neighborhood park is home to several shaded picnic areas as well as a play area and fitness course.
- McGrath Park – 13300 Leisure. This 8 acre park is adjacent to Warren Woods. Guests can enjoy a large play structure in addition to soccer and baseball.
- Miller Park – 14500 Masonic. A 12 acre neighborhood park that hosts several sports fields as well as a picnic shelter and play area.
- Rentz Park – 12000 Herbert Ave. This small 4 acre park is home to a fitness track in addition to a play structure.
- Rinke Park – 28500 Arsenal. This 8 acre park is home to tennis and baseball in addition to a large play structure and picnic area.
- Steinhauser Park – 3101 Frazho. An 8 acre park with lots of trees surrounding a play structure and roller hockey court.
- Trombly Park – 14775 Alvin. Trombley Park is home to 14.5 acres of green space and also a play area. Guests can also enjoy the use of the picnic area and comfort station.
- Wiegand Park – 8700 Toepfer. a 15 acre park that hosts baseball diamonds in addition to a play area and picnic pavilion.
- Winters Park – 13000 St. Andrews. Guests can enjoy this 6.5 acre park with a play structure, picnic area as well as a baseball diamond.
- Underwood Park – 13700 Sidonie. An 8 acre park with a play area and soccer field.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.