The playground, built in 1998, at Butcher Park in Warren offers two amazing structures as well as swings. The park also offers a pavilion, picnic tables, grills, ball fields, sand volleyball in addition to restrooms.
The Playground at Butcher Park in Warren
The playground at Butcher Park is one of the largest structures in the city. This extensive structure contains plenty of slides and climbing elements to keep the kids busy for hours. In addition to the large play structure, there is a smaller maze elements for children of all ages.
If your child enjoys swings, they will be happy to see several different types at this park. They include a tire swing, traditional swings, an ADA swing and a baby bucket swing. The park also provides plenty of bench and picnic table seating around the play area.
Other Park Amenities
If you are looking for a nice place to picnic, then you can enjoy the picnic area at this park. The area includes a pavilion with picnic tables and also grills. Sports fans can enjoy sand volleyball, ball fields as well as 12 acres of green space.
Butcher Park Location
The park is located at 4700 Martin Rd, Warren, MI 48092. The property sits on the south side of Martin Road between Ryan and Mound. The playground sits on the northwest corner of the park. Parking is available along the street near the playground.
Butcher Park Overview
Play Elements: A massive structure as well as a maze.
Swings: two regular, one baby bucket swings, an ADA swing in addition to a tire swing.
Surface: wood chips and also grass.
Unique Features: toddler maze.
Water Fountain: seasonal.
Picnic Tables: yes.
Sports Fields: sand volleyball as well as ball fields.
Walking Trails: no.
Parking: paved lot on the south side of the park. Street parking along the north side.
Tot Play Structure: yes.
Fenced in: no.
Seating: benches near the structure along with picnic tables.
Connect with Warren
Check out our Ten Favorite Playgrounds in Metro Detroit.
Other Parks in Warren
Community Parks in Warren
- Halmich Park – 3001 13 Mile Rd. 74 acre community park that hosts sports together with two large playgrounds.
- Warren Community Park – 5460 Arden. A 48 acre community park that hosts not only the community center, but also several sports fields and a playground.
- City Square Fountain – One City Square. A 2 acre park featuring a water fountain in the summer and ice rink in the winter. The park is also home to restrooms and several picnic tables.
- Veterans Park (Formerly Council Park) – 27400 Campbell. This community park features a Veterans Memorial in addition to plenty of green space within it’s 22 acres. Park goers can also enjoy a play area, picnic shelter, volleyball and shuffleboard.
- Shaw Park – 22001 Warner. A 20 acre community park that features a play area, plenty of sports together with picnic areas and lots of shaded green space.
Neighborhood Parks in Warren
- Altermatt Park – 4811 Toepfer. This 2.6 neighborhood park is full of trees. Guests can enjoy the play structure and also a nice picnic area.
- Austin-Dannis Park – 5200 Stephens. This 10 acre park hosts a large splay structure in addition to soccer, basketball and roller hockey.
- Bates Park – 32601 Warkop. Features a large play structure in addition to a picnic area, basketball and roller hockey.
- Burdi Park – 7000 12 Mile Rd. Burdi Park is a 8 acre park with a dog park together with soccer fields and a roller hockey court. Guests can also enjoy a large play structure.
- Busse Park – 5002 Frazho. A 10 acre park with lots of green space together with a play area, and tennis courts.
- Butcher Park – 4700 Martin. This 12.5 acre park hosts lots of green space in addition to a play structure and picnic facilities.
- Eckstein Park – 31810 Davy. A 16.6 acre neighborhood park with a play area as well as a soccer field.
- Groesbeck Park – 22221 Memphis. This 6.9 acre park is home to a large play structure, baseball, basketball and picnic facilities.
- Hartsig Park – 2701 Martin. An 11 acre neighborhood park that featured a brand new playground, sports, as well as picnicking facilities.
- Jaycee Park – 11371 Timken. A 4.5 acre park with a play structure, picnic area and roller hockey.
- Licht Park – 30100 Campbell. This 7 acre neighborhood park is home to several shaded picnic areas as well as a play area and fitness course.
- McGrath Park – 13300 Leisure. This 8 acre park is adjacent to Warren Woods. Guests can enjoy a large play structure in addition to soccer and baseball.
- Miller Park – 14500 Masonic. A 12 acre neighborhood park that hosts several sports fields as well as a picnic shelter and play area.
- Rentz Park – 12000 Herbert Ave. This small 4 acre park is home to a fitness track in addition to a play structure.
- Rinke Park – 28500 Arsenal. This 8 acre park is home to tennis and baseball in addition to a large play structure and picnic area.
- Steinhauser Park – 3101 Frazho. An 8 acre park with lots of trees surrounding a play structure and roller hockey court.
- Trombly Park – 14775 Alvin. Trombley Park is home to 14.5 acres of green space and also a play area. Guests can also enjoy the use of the picnic area and comfort station.
- Wiegand Park – 8700 Toepfer. a 15 acre park that hosts baseball diamonds in addition to a play area and picnic pavilion.
- Winters Park – 13000 St. Andrews. Guests can enjoy this 6.5 acre park with a play structure, picnic area as well as a baseball diamond.
- Underwood Park – 13700 Sidonie. An 8 acre park with a play area and soccer field.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.