Schroeder Park offers two soccer fields, paved and unpaved paths through 10 acres of wooded areas, a ball diamond as well as two play structures.
Schroeder Park is one of the nine neighborhood parks in Troy, Michigan. It is located north of Big Beaver Road, between Coolidge Highway and North Adams Road. While this 12-acre park is adjacent to Schoeder Elementary, in the midst of neighborhood homes, there is no official parking. However, visitors can park in the Schroeder Elementary School lot or on the street. This beautiful park has a great mix of wooded and open space, therefore providing lots of shade.
Schroeder Park offers two soccer fields, and 10 acres of wooded area to explore. Additionally, parkgoers can enjoy the paved and unpaved paths through these wooded areas. The nearby Schoeder Elementary School hosts a ball diamond as well as two play structures. This park does not offer parking nor restrooms.
The structures provide children with several different kinds of monkey bars as well as several different slides. Several swings are also available.
Schroeder Park Hours
Open daily from 7:00 am until 10 pm.
Entry to this neighborhood park is free.
Schroeder Park Summary
Play Elements: yes, two barrier-free structures
Swings: yes, only standard swings
Surface: grass, paved, wood chips
Unique Features: none
Drinking Fountain: no
Picnic Tables: no
Sports Fields: two soccer field as well as a baseball diamond
Walking Trails: yes, paved together with unpaved paths
Parking: none but can park along neighborhood and the adjacent Schroeder Elementary School
Tot Play Structure. no
Fenced in: no
Seating: wodden benches as well as other seating structures
Connect with Troy Parks
Check out some of the other places we have visited in Troy, Michigan. By the same token, you can find other parks and playgrounds in Metro Detroit. Likewise, you might find your next adventure on our list of our top ten favorite playgrounds in Metro Detroit.
Community Parks in Troy include:
- Boulan Park is over 63 acres and offers a wide variety of recreation facilities including three ball diamonds, eight lighted tennis courts, five soccer fields, two sand volleyball courts, two barrier-free play structures, not to mention a 1.25 mile paved walking path.
- Jaycee Park offers two ball diamonds, full-sized and small soccer fields, as well as a sand volleyball court for the sports lovers. Above all, the children will enjoy two barrier-free play structures and a gaga ball court at this 45-acre park. Additionally, Jaycee Park in Troy has a picnic shelter, restrooms, and paved parking. Finally, guests can take a book or leave a book at the Little Free Library.
- Firefighters Park hosts a mix of open space as well as wooded areas in this 96-acre park. The Rouge River runs through the park offering a gorgeous view together with the opportunity for shore fishing. The park also offers playgrounds, soccer fields, ball diamonds, disc golf, shore fishing, pavilions, and restrooms.
- Donald J. Flynn Park is a 25-acre park that offers ball diamonds, seasonal restrooms, a small play structure, and concession stand.
- Raintree Park, a 41-acre park that hosts an 18-hole disc golf course, ball diamond, two barrier-free play structures, picnic shelter, sand volleyball court, in addition to a paved walking path through the woods. There are restrooms are available seasonally too.
Neighborhood Parks in Troy include:
- Beach Road Park offers sports fields such as ball diamonds and soccer fields. Visitors will enjoy the 10 acres filled with open spaces together with recreational play. A play structure as well as restrooms are also available.
- Beaver Trial Park is a 7-acre park that offers paved walking paths as well as both wooded and open space areas. There is no parking at this location, therefore this park is only accessible by foot. Visitors can enjoy the sand volleyball coupled with the barrier-free structure.
- Brinston Park is an 18-acre park that offers several sports fields including ball diamonds, soccer fields, tennis courts, as well as a basketball court. Visitors can also enjoy the barrier-free structure.
- Phillipp J. Huber Park offers a 1.3-mile unpaved walking path through the wooded areas of the 20-acre park. Visitors can also enjoy tennis at one of the eight lighted tennis courts. Additionally, a picnic area and restrooms are available for park-goers.
- Milverton Park offers walking paths along the wooded wetland areas as well as a large open space. Visitors can also enjoy climbing boulders together with the wheelchair-accessible exercise equipment in this 15-acre park.
- North Glen Park offers dirt paths through its 10 acres of wooded areas. If you enjoy a family-friendly hiking adventure, then you’ll want to check out this neighborhood park. Additionally, this park does not offer any other amenities nor restrooms.
- Redwood Park is the smallest of the parks in Troy, Michigan, it still offers a lot of recreational opportunities to its visitors. The 3-acre Redwood Park offers a ball diamond, pickleball courts, a barrier-free play structure, as well as a small picnic shelter.
- Robinwood Park is an 18 -acre park that offers a one-mile paved walking path, two barrier-free play structures, a sand volleyball court as well as two picnic areas.
- Schroeder Park offers two soccer fields, paved and unpaved paths through 10 acres of wooded areas, a ball diamond as well as two play structures.
- Sylvan Glen Lake Park is a 40-acre park that offers shore fishing on the sixteen-acre lake as well as plenty of grassy areas to play.
Troy Elementary Schools Playgrounds:
Troy Union Elementary
Bernadette Manaay is a proud mom of two wonderful kids, Ianna and Bernard. She has been married to her husband, Ian, for almost 11 years. Bernadette is a Physical Therapist by profession in Metro Detroit. Her family loves to travel and go camping every summer and early fall. Her desire and passion to document her family’s everyday life lead her to become a self-taught photographer. It is very fulfilling to a mom to capture and freeze as many moments as we can because time just flies so fast. See the special memories of her family on her Instagram account: @adetteskyph.