The Avon Nature Study Area is a 102.5-acre park in Rochester Hills. The space offers nature trails, wildlife viewing, a pond as well as a gazebo. It’s a great place to visit with your family for a day outside exploring nature.
About Avon Nature Study Area
The Avon Nature Study area is an expansive 102 acre park with plenty of nature trails to explore. Guests can enjoy wildlife viewing, a pond, walk along the Clinton river and also enjoy a scenic overlook. Visitor’s will have the chance to spot many different native plants and animals along the paths, such as hawks, raccoons, woodpeckers and many more.
Avon Nature Study Area Hours and Location
1115 W Avon Rd
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
(south side of Avon Road, west of Livernios Road)
8:00 am until Dusk
Other Parks in Rochester Hills
- Avon Nature Study Area is a 102.5-acre park that offers nature trails, wildlife viewing, a pond as well as a gazebo.
- Avondale Park a park that features sports fields for rent together with a playground and picnic areas.
- Bloomer Park is a 200-acre community park. The park features sports fields, picnic shelters, a velodrome, trials as well as a play area. There is a fee to use this park.
- Earl E. Borden Park is a 143-acre sports park. This park hosts sports fields, batting cages, tennis courts, basketball courts together with a roller hockey rink.
- Eugene S. Nowicki Park is a 340-acre undeveloped park.
- Helen V. Allen Park features softball diamonds on it’s 4.5 acres.
- Innovation Hills is currently under development. The park features a beautiful green space with lighted pathways together with fragrant gardens.
- Museum at Van Hoosen Farm is located along Stony creek. The farm offers tours, special events day camps as well as weddings.
- Thelma G Spencer Park is a 113-acre park. The community park has an entry fee and features a beautiful lake together with a beach area for swimming.
- Veterans Memorial Pointe is a 5.1-acre park. The park features a granite monument, gazebo as well as a memorial pathway.
- Wabash Park is a small neighborhood park. Offers a picnic area, community gardens together with a small playground.
- Yates Park is located directly across from Yates Cider Mill. The park hosts several picnic tables as well as many fishing sites along the Clinton River.
Connect with Rochester Hills
More Family Fun in Rochester Hills
Yates Cider Mill
This location offers freshly made cider, donuts, as well as many varieties of apples. Bakes goods, Frankenmuth fudge, fruit preserves and honey are also available.
The Big, Wooden Staircase: Bloomer Park
Over 200 steps down to explore nature at Bloomer Park in Rochester Hills. Don’t miss this Big, Wooden Staircase.
Innovation Hills Park
Innovation Hills Park in Rochester Hills just debuted their one-mile boardwalk trails in July of 2020. Enjoy a picnic, fishing, hiking, and the green space.
Bernadette Manaay is a proud mom of two wonderful kids, Ianna and Bernard. She has been married to her husband, Ian, for almost 11 years. Bernadette is a Physical Therapist by profession in Metro Detroit. Her family loves to travel and go camping every summer and early fall. Her desire and passion to document her family’s everyday life lead her to become a self-taught photographer. It is very fulfilling to a mom to capture and freeze as many moments as we can because time just flies so fast. See the special memories of her family on her Instagram account: @adetteskyph.