If you are looking for a huge hill and fast sledding experience, then check out Civic Center Park Sledding Hill in Madison Heights. Lot parking is available right off of 13 Mile Road in both the city lots as well as the lot for Lamphere High School. Find other sledding hills together with the list of the Best Sledding Hills in Metro Detroit.
Civic Center Sledding Hill in Madison Heights
One of the best features at this location is the fact that there are two sledding hills. A larger hill for experienced sledders as well as a smaller bunny hills for younger visitors. There are two paved paths along each side of the larger hill that provides a safer return to the top of the hill. Civic Center Park sledding hill is certainly one of the largest sledding hills in metro Detroit. Before you head out, read our article 20 Sledding Safety Tips for Families.
No Sled? No Worries
New this year is a sled bin where guests can borrow a sled for free, then return the sled at the end of their visit. It’s just one of the many ways that the Madison Heights community comes together to provide amazing support to not only it’s residents, but also their visitors.
In addition to the sledding hill there is a small playground nearby for guests to enjoy. The newer play structure provides several slides as well as climbing structures for the kids to enjoy.
Civic Center Sledding Hill Hours and Location
Address: 360 W 13 Mile Rd, Madison Heights, MI 48071
Hours: Open from 7 AM until 10 PM daily
Connect with Madison Heights
Other Parks in Madison Heights
- Ambassador Park offers trails, a playground, seasonal restrooms, a small sled hill. Additional amenities include a soccer field, tennis court, ice rink, together with a water fountain on 7 acres.
- Bill Gravel Park is a small .9-acre park that offers grills, picnic tables, and swings.
- Civic Center Park is a 33-acre park that hosts water fountains, basketball, a trail, sledding hills. Guests can also enjoy picnic tables, pavilions, grills, restrooms, sand volleyball as well as a softball field.
- Edison Park offers ball diamonds, a playground as well as a small sledding hill on the 4-acre property.
- Exchange Park is a small .6 acre park that offers picnic tables, grills, together with a swing set.
- Greenleaf Park is located adjacent to Edmonson Elementary. The 4.5-acre park is home to two ball diamonds, while the school hosts several playground structures.
- Huffman Park is home to a basketball court, lighted softball field, play structure together. They also offer with seasonal restrooms and a water fountain.
- Monroe Park offers a playscape as well as a toddler play area. The one-acre park also hosts a pavilion, picnic tables, a swing set, and a water fountain.
- Red Oaks Youth Soccer Complex offers a play structure, pavilion, water fountains, and seasonal restrooms in addition to nine youth soccer fields.
- Rosie’s Park is a 30.9-acre park that offers a variety of sports, picnic tables, grills, play structures, together with seasonal restrooms.
- Senior Center Park offers horseshoe pits, trails, picnic pavilions together with shuffleboard courts.
- Silverleaf Park is home to ball diamonds, restrooms together with picnic tables.
- Suarez Friendship Woods/Red Oaks Nature Center is a 36.5-acre park with 1.3 miles of paved trails.
- Twelve-Sherry Park hosts ball diamonds, a basketball court, an ice rink, picnic tables, a playground, as well as a tennis court.
- Wildwood Park recently updated playground renovation featuring brightly colored playground equipment, swings, climbing structures, and picnic tables.
Bernadette Manaay is a proud mom of two wonderful kids, Ianna and Bernard. She has been married to her husband, Ian, for almost 11 years. Bernadette is a Physical Therapist by profession in Metro Detroit. Her family loves to travel and go camping every summer and early fall. Her desire and passion to document her family’s everyday life lead her to become a self-taught photographer. It is very fulfilling to a mom to capture and freeze as many moments as we can because time just flies so fast. See the special memories of her family on her Instagram account: @adetteskyph.