Visitor’s guide and photo gallery for Rosie’s Park in Madison Heights. The park offers a playground, swings, BMX Bike course, as well as paved trails. Additionally, the park offers two ball fields, a basketball court, a skating rink, and seasonal restrooms.
Rosie’s Park Location and Hours
Rosie’s Park in Madison Heights is located at 29601 John R Rd, Madison Heights, MI 48071. The park is south of 12 Mile Road and east of John R. It is located at 1111 E Farnum Ave, Madison Heights, MI 48071. Guests can park in one of three paved lots. The main lot is located on Farnum, which provides access to one of the play structures, the nature trails, as well as the BMX course. The second lot is located off of Gardenia and provides access to the larger play structure as well as the walking paths. Finally, the lot on Hales offers easy access to the east baseball diamond.
This 30.9-acre park is open daily year-round from dusk until dawn. However, the restrooms are only open the week before Memorial Day through Halloween. The daily restroom hours during operation are from 4 pm until 10 pm.
Rosie’s Park is a large community park. It offers two baseball diamonds as well as a basketball court that doubles as a skating rink. The court is also used as an ice rink in the winter months.
The park also features a dirt BMX Course. Guests can also enjoy a 1/2 pipe for BMX bikes and scooters as well as a paved walking / hiking trail for BMX users to ride.
The park also offers two large play structures as well as swings. The playground has tons of places for kids to climb, slide, jump, and play.
Rosie’s Park in Madison Heights Overview
Play Elements: two large play structures
Swings: standard swings as well as baby bucket swings.
Surface: wood chips together with grass.
Unique Features: paved walking trails and nature area
Bathrooms: seasonal restroom.
Drinking Fountain: yes
Picnic Tables: Yes.
Sports Fields: two baseball diamonds together with a basketball court. (also used for skating and ice skating)
Walking Trails: paved
Parking: three paved lots
Tot Play Structure: no.
Fenced in: no.
Seating: yes, benches as well as picnic tables.
Connect with Madison Heights
Other Parks in Madison Heights
- Ambassador Park offers trails, a playground, seasonal restrooms, a small sled hill, soccer field, tennis court, ice rink, together with a water fountain on 7 acres.
- Bill Gravel Park is a small .9-acre park that offers grills, picnic tables, and swings.
- Civic Center Park is a 33-acre park that hosts water fountains, basketball, a trail, sledding hills, picnic tables, pavilions, grills, restrooms, sand volleyball as well as a softball field.
- Edison Park offers ball diamonds, a playground as well as a small sledding hill on the 4-acre property.
- Exchange Park is a small .6 acre park that offers picnic tables, grills, together with a swing set.
- Greenleaf Park is located adjacent to Edmonson Elementary. The 4.5-acre park is home to two ball diamonds, while the school hosts several playground structures.
- Huffman Park is home to a basketball court, lighted softball field, play structure together with seasonal restrooms and a water fountain.
- Monroe Park offers a playscape as well as a toddler play area. The one-acre park also hosts a pavilion, picnic tables, a swing set, and a water fountain.
- Red Oaks Youth Soccer Complex offers a play structure, pavilion, water fountains, and seasonal restrooms in addition to nine youth soccer fields.
- Rosie’s Park is a 30.9-acre park that offers a variety of sports, picnic tables, grills, play structures, together with seasonal restrooms.
- Senior Center Park offers horseshoe pits, trails, picnic pavilions together with shuffleboard courts.
- Silverleaf Park is home to ball diamonds, restrooms together with picnic tables.
- Suarez Friendship Woods/Red Oaks Nature Center is a 36.5-acre park with 1.3 miles of paved trails.
- Twelve-Sherry Park hosts ball diamonds, a basketball court, an ice rink, picnic tables, a playground, as well as a tennis court.
- Wildwood Park recently updated playground renovation featuring brightly colored playground equipment, swings, climbing structures, and picnic tables.
Amber is the proud Homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (24), Rosaleigh (10), Carlyn (7), Naomi (4), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes three cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy.