The Troy Public Library recently installed a Storybook Trail at Raintree Park. The trail features a series of signs along the trail that display pages of a book for families to read and enjoy. At the present time, “A Fall Ball for All” by Jamie A Swenson is on display along the trail.
Storybook Trail in Troy
Transform yourself into the fantasy world where forest animals prepare for autumn. The meter and rhyme make this a wonderful book for reading aloud, while the illustrations are simply breathtaking.
The signs here are numbered so you won’t miss one. The paved trail winds around Raintree Park. After you enjoy the one-mile trail, the kids can enjoy the playground.
The Storybook Trail was made possible through the generous contribution of the Friends of the Troy Public Library and through a collaboration between Troy Public Library and City of Troy Parks Department.
Connect with Troy Public Library
More Places to Play in Troy
Community Parks in Troy include:
- Boulan Park is over 63 acres and offers a wide variety of recreation facilities including three ball diamonds, eight lighted tennis courts, five soccer fields, two sand volleyball courts, two barrier-free play structures, not to mention a 1.25 mile paved walking path.
- Jaycee Park offers two ball diamonds, full-sized and small soccer fields, as well as a sand volleyball court for the sports lovers. Above all, the children will enjoy two barrier-free play structures and a gaga ball court at this 45-acre park. Additionally, Jaycee Park in Troy has a picnic shelter, restrooms, and paved parking. Finally, guests can take a book or leave a book at the Little Free Library.
- Firefighters Park hosts a mix of open space as well as wooded areas in this 96-acre park. The Rouge River runs through the park offering a gorgeous view together with the opportunity for shore fishing. The park also offers playgrounds, soccer fields, ball diamonds, disc golf, shore fishing, pavilions, and restrooms.
- Donald J. Flynn Park is a 25-acre park that offers ball diamonds, seasonal restrooms, a small play structure, and a concession stand.
- Raintree Park, a 41-acre park that hosts an 18-hole disc golf course, ball diamond, two barrier-free play structures, picnic shelter, sand volleyball court, in addition to a paved walking path through the woods. There are restrooms are available seasonally too.
Metro Detroit Storybook Trails
If you are looking for a fun and educational outdoor activity, then you are going to love the Storybook Trails that are popping up all over Metro Detroit. Walk some of your favorite trails while you enjoy a children’s story which is displayed at several stations along the route.
- Beverly Park (Beverly Hills) is a 34-acre park that offers a sled hill, ice skating rink and playground. The park also hosts sports fields, disc golf course, as well as wooded trails.
- Heritage Park (Canton) a free park that features a playground, splash playground, athletic fields, pavilions as well as restrooms. Walking paths, wood trails, sand volleyball, together with an amphitheater are also available.
- Clarkston Independence District Library
- Baker Woods Preserve (Chelsea)
- Highland Township Public Library
- Livonia Civic Center Library
- Red Oaks Nature Center (Madison Heights) – hosts over 38 acres of rich natural habitat in the midst of Metro Detroit. Visitors will need a parking pass, however, admission is free.
- Beaver Creek Park (Sterling Heights) is a 14.5-acre park that hosts play structures, sports fields as well as picnic areas, and trails.
- Auburn Hills Public Library (Auburn Hills)
Bernadette Manaay is a proud mom of two wonderful kids, Ianna and Bernard. She has been married to her husband, Ian, for almost 11 years. Bernadette is a Physical Therapist by profession in Metro Detroit. Her family loves to travel and go camping every summer and early fall. Her desire and passion to document her family’s everyday life lead her to become a self-taught photographer. It is very fulfilling to a mom to capture and freeze as many moments as we can because time just flies so fast. See the special memories of her family on her Instagram account: @adetteskyph.