Canton Heritage Park is a free park that features a playground, splash playground, athletic fields, pavilions, restrooms, walking paths, wood trails, sand volleyball, amphitheater, and more. The park hours are from 6 am to 10 pm daily. The splash playground hours are 11 am to 8 pm Memorial Day to Labor Day, weather permitting.
Heritage Park is located at the northwest corner of Canton Center Road S. and Summit Parkway. We spend our time at the south side of the park at the Heritage Hideout and Splash Playground.
The girls had a great time at the park. Rosa (age 6) and Carlyn (almost 3) were able to easily navigate most of the climbing features on their own. Carlyn needed assistance on a couple of elements. The Heritage Hideout is rather large, so kids can easily slip away from view, but there is only one side where the kids can leave and enter the play area, which made things much easier.
There were three covered pavilions nearby with picnic tables which would make this a great place for a family gathering, birthday party, mom’s group meetup or just lunch or dinner at the park.
Not too far from the play area, we found the restrooms and a water fountain. Very important when you have young ones. The splash pad opened at 11am and the girls were so excited to get into the water. There were already a large group of children in the water when it opened. Most of the kids didn’t seem to mind, but my girls said the water was really cold, despite the weather being it the high 80’s.
There are plenty of water elements on the splash pad for the children to enjoy. Guests will find few benches and picnic tables about the splay pad along with a section off to the side for picnicking. The park provides plenty of green grass to spread out a blanket and enjoy a warm sunny day while the children play in the water.
The splash pad is made of cement, so I would recommend this for children that are at least walking age.
Overall Canton Heritage Park was super clean and lots of fun. We only explored a small portion of what this park has to offer on our visit, and the girls had a lot of fun.
Other Parks in Canton
- Barchester Park – Features an athletic field as well as inline skate rink. Enjoy nature trails, pedestrian paths along with a playground.
- Flodin Park – One of the two Canton parks that host a splash pad. This park is also home to sports fields, nature trails playground as well as a pond.
- Freedom Park – This park hosts several sports fields, walking paths, and also a pond. There is also a playground at this park.
- Griffin Park – Guests can enjoy a creek as well as a pond. There is also a baseball diamond, basketball court and tennis courts. Visitors can also enjoy the playground at this park.
- Heritage Park – This community park is home to a splash playground in addition to two playscapes. Visitors can also utilize the sports fields. Picnic facilities as well as restrooms are also available.
- Independence Park – An 80 acre soccer facility. Visitors can enjoy the playground, picnic facilities as well as a pond and walking paths.
- Kopper Park – A small neighborhood park with a toddler playground.
- Preservation Park Coming in 2021 – This park features a garden area with pedestrian path as well as woodland areas.
- Victory Park – In addition to a playground, this park offers baseball, a pavilion and a walking path. There are also restrooms on site as well as a pond and woodland areas.
Connect with Canton
More Canton Family Fun
Sky Zone Canton
Sky Zone in Canton is an open jump experience that includes multiple dodge ball courts, foam pits, basketball, trampolines and much more.
Toddler Playground at Kopper Park
Kopper Park in Canton is a 1/2 acre park features a toddler playground. The site also includes a Little Free Library and picnic tables.
Canton Heritage Park is a free park that features a playground, splash playground, athletic fields, pavilions, restrooms, walking paths, wood trails, sand volleyball, amphitheater, and more.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.