Kopper Park in Canton officially opened on October 16th, 2020. This 1/2 acre park features a toddler playground. However future plans include installation of synthetic turf hills. The site also includes a Little Free Library and picnic tables.
About Kopper Park Playground
The playground features swings, slides, a play structure together with climbing apparatus. Children can also enjoy play panels, spinning wheel (merry go round), shade sail and a bouncing grasshopper. There are benches around the park as well.
This playground was designed for younger children, thus making it a great small park for children under five. In addition to the play equipment, guests can enjoy shaded picnic tables and a few swings. There is even a Little Free Library at this small neighborhood park.
Kopper Park Summary
- Play Elements: toddler play structure, grasshopper climber and merry-go-round.
- Swings: ADA swings as well as a face-to-face swing
- Surface: foam, wood chips as well as grass.
- Unique Features: merry-go-round
- Bathrooms: no
- Drinking Fountain: no
- Shade: minimal
- Pavilion: no
- Picnic Tables: yes
- Grills: no
- Sports Fields: none
- Walking Trails: none
- Parking: yes, in front of the playground
- Tot Play Structure. this playground is designed for younger children.
- Fenced in: no
- Seating: benches
Kopper Park in Canton Hours and Location
Address: 7648 Shaw Ln, Canton, MI 48187
The new toddler playground is located on the north side of Koppernick Road, just east of Haggerty Road.
The park is open daily from 6 am until 10 pm.
Admission to the park is free.
Other Parks in Canton
- Barchester Park – Features an athletic field as well as inline skate rink. Enjoy nature trails, pedestrian paths along with a playground.
- Flodin Park – One of the two Canton parks that host a splash pad. This park is also home to sports fields, nature trails playground as well as a pond.
- Freedom Park – This park hosts several sports fields, walking paths, and also a pond. There is also a playground at this park.
- Griffin Park – Guests can enjoy a creek as well as a pond. There is also a baseball diamond, basketball court and tennis courts. Visitors can also enjoy the playground at this park.
- Heritage Park – This community park is home to a splash playground in addition to two playscapes. Visitors can also utilize the sports fields. Picnic facilities as well as restrooms are also available.
- Independence Park – An 80 acre soccer facility. Visitors can enjoy the playground, picnic facilities as well as a pond and walking paths.
- Kopper Park – A small neighborhood park with a toddler playground.
- Preservation Park Coming in 2021 – This park features a garden area with pedestrian path as well as woodland areas.
- Victory Park – In addition to a playground, this park offers baseball, a pavilion and a walking path. There are also restrooms on site as well as a pond and woodland areas.
Connect with Canton
More Canton Family Fun
Sky Zone Canton
Sky Zone in Canton is an open jump experience that includes multiple dodge ball courts, foam pits, basketball, trampolines and much more.
Toddler Playground at Kopper Park
Kopper Park in Canton is a 1/2 acre park features a toddler playground. The site also includes a Little Free Library and picnic tables.
Canton Heritage Park is a free park that features a playground, splash playground, athletic fields, pavilions, restrooms, walking paths, wood trails, sand volleyball, amphitheater, and more.
Yohana Isabella is a former financial auditor turned stay at home mom of trilingual 2yo boy Charlie. She is passionate about photography, traveling, baking and cooking. She loves to explore new places, culture and food with her family all year round in Michigan and other states. She looks forward to contributing to Metro Detroit Mommy.
Follow her journey in instagram