Independence Park in Canton is an 80 acre property that serves as a soccer complex. With about 30 soccer fields of various sizes, this site hosts soccer games as well as practices throughout the season. In addition to the soccer fields, the park is home to a playground, a pond, walking paths and a woodland area.
About Independence Park Canton Playground
The playground features slides, a small play structure together with several climbing elements Children can also enjoy a bridge and monkey bars. There are picnic tables around the playground as well.
Independence Park Summary
- Play Elements: one main structure together with a two story spiral slide.
- Swings: none
- Surface: wood chips as well as grass.
- Unique Features: this park is primarily a soccer facility.
- Bathrooms: yes
- Drinking Fountain: yes
- Shade: no
- Pavilion: yes
- Picnic Tables: yes
- Grills: unknown
- Sports Fields: many soccer fields of different sizes
- Walking Trails: yes
- Parking: yes, two paved lots
- Tot Play Structure no
- Fenced in: no
- Seating: picnic tables
Independence Park in Canton Hours and Location
Address: Denton Rd & S. Cherry Hill, Canton, MI 48188
The park is open daily from 6 am until 10 pm.
Admission to the park is free.
Other Parks in Canton
- Barchester Park – Features an athletic field as well as inline skate rink. Enjoy nature trails, pedestrian paths along with a playground.
- Flodin Park – One of the two Canton parks that host a splash pad. This park is also home to sports fields, nature trails playground as well as a pond.
- Freedom Park – This park hosts several sports fields, walking paths, and also a pond. There is also a playground at this park.
- Griffin Park – Guests can enjoy a creek as well as a pond. There is also a baseball diamond, basketball court and tennis courts. Visitors can also enjoy the playground at this park.
- Heritage Park – This community park is home to a splash playground in addition to two playscapes. Visitors can also utilize the sports fields. Picnic facilities as well as restrooms are also available.
- Independence Park – An 80 acre soccer facility. Visitors can enjoy the playground, picnic facilities as well as a pond and walking paths.
- Kopper Park – A small neighborhood park with a toddler playground.
- Preservation Park Coming in 2021 – This park features a garden area with pedestrian path as well as woodland areas.
- Victory Park – In addition to a playground, this park offers baseball, a pavilion and a walking path. There are also restrooms on site as well as a pond and woodland areas.
Connect with Canton
More Canton Family Fun
Sky Zone Canton
Sky Zone in Canton is an open jump experience that includes multiple dodge ball courts, foam pits, basketball, trampolines and much more.
Toddler Playground at Kopper Park
Kopper Park in Canton is a 1/2 acre park features a toddler playground. The site also includes a Little Free Library and picnic tables.
Canton Heritage Park is a free park that features a playground, splash playground, athletic fields, pavilions, restrooms, walking paths, wood trails, sand volleyball, amphitheater, and more.
Yohana Isabella is a former financial auditor turned stay at home mom of trilingual 4yo boy Charlie. She is passionate about photography, traveling, baking and cooking. She loves to explore new places, culture and food with her family all year round in Michigan and other states. She looks forward to contributing to Metro Detroit Mommy.
Follow her journey in instagram