Canton’s Flodin Park is a 28.5-acre park located at 43399 Saltz Rd in Canton, Michigan. The splash park is open daily Memorial Day through Labor Day from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Flodin Park is host to a Baseball / Softball Diamond, Basketball Court, Creek, Nature Trails, Pedestrian Path, Playground, Pond, Splash Playground, Tennis Courts, Wetland Areas and Woodland Areas.
Parking is really close to the splash pad area and playground which was really nice. However, there were no restrooms, just two port-a-john, which were very full and not maintained.
The splash pad is cute with water features designed for younger and older children. The area is small, so I imagine that if it gets busy, it can be quite hectic. But with Heritage so close, it might be a good choice for a more low key experience.
The playground is rather simple with soft cushioned ground cover. Carlyn was easily able to navigate the steps (at almost age 2), but there were many climbing features that were above her ability level. Rosa (almost 5) was able to navigate through everything.
The one bummer was that the slides were too hot to go down, so using the play structure consisted of the girls just going up and down the stairs….
Overall, we had a really grand time. The park wasn’t overly busy or crowded. Although the water was very cold, the girls really enjoyed splashing.
The lack of sufficient seating for parents, picnic tables, restrooms, and shade makes this park a bit less desirable than Canton’s other splash pad at Heritage.
Other Parks in Canton
- Barchester Park – Features an athletic field as well as inline skate rink. Enjoy nature trails, pedestrian paths along with a playground.
- Flodin Park – One of the two Canton parks that host a splash pad. This park is also home to sports fields, nature trails playground as well as a pond.
- Freedom Park – This park hosts several sports fields, walking paths, and also a pond. There is also a playground at this park.
- Griffin Park – Guests can enjoy a creek as well as a pond. There is also a baseball diamond, basketball court and tennis courts. Visitors can also enjoy the playground at this park.
- Heritage Park – This community park is home to a splash playground in addition to two playscapes. Visitors can also utilize the sports fields. Picnic facilities as well as restrooms are also available.
- Independence Park – An 80 acre soccer facility. Visitors can enjoy the playground, picnic facilities as well as a pond and walking paths.
- Kopper Park – A small neighborhood park with a toddler playground.
- Preservation Park Coming in 2021 – This park features a garden area with pedestrian path as well as woodland areas.
- Victory Park – In addition to a playground, this park offers baseball, a pavilion and a walking path. There are also restrooms on site as well as a pond and woodland areas.
Connect with Canton
More Canton Family Fun
Sky Zone Canton
Sky Zone in Canton is an open jump experience that includes multiple dodge ball courts, foam pits, basketball, trampolines and much more.
Toddler Playground at Kopper Park
Kopper Park in Canton is a 1/2 acre park features a toddler playground. The site also includes a Little Free Library and picnic tables.
Canton Heritage Park is a free park that features a playground, splash playground, athletic fields, pavilions, restrooms, walking paths, wood trails, sand volleyball, amphitheater, and more.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (13), Carlyn (10), Naomi (7), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke and trivia with L Sharp Productions. She enjoys the Metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.
Check out the Ultimate Guide to Summer Camps in Metro Detroit 2023