Riverside Park in Auburn Hills offers a river path, playground, canoe launch, restrooms together with a picnic shelter.
Location and Hours for
Riverside Park in Auburn Hills
Riverside Park in Auburn Hills is located at 3311 Squirrel Ct. Auburn & Squirrel. This scenic park sits on the banks of the Clinton River in the Village Center area of Auburn Hills.
Riverside Park is open daily from 10 am to 8 pm throughout the year. Whereas the splash pad operates daily Memorial Day through Labor Day from 10 am to 8 pm. Riverside Park is free, however, there is a $3 per person fee for non-Auburn Hills residents to use the splash pad.
Riverside Park in Auburn Hills Amenities
Riverside Park in Auburn Hills offers a river path, play structure with swings, amphitheater, a canoe launch, a covered picnic shelter along with heated restrooms which are open year-round. Additionally, the splash pad, barbecue grills, and picnic tables are available in season. The park is very stroller friendly, has a wheelchair accessible entrance to the park and Amphitheatre as well as wheelchair accessible parking.
The new amphitheater features a 950 square-foot stage not only has seating for 300 but also lawn seating for 200. This is used for free concerts throughout the summer.
The play structure features three levels of fun in addition to slides, climbing elements, interactive play, and many opportunities to practice balance.
Finally, there is even a great scenic area at this park to enjoy the Clinton River.
Riverside Park in Auburn Hills Overview
Play Elements: three-story structure with slides, climbing elements paired with interactive play at each level.
Swings: 3 standard swings coupled with one toddler swing
Surface: wood chips
Unique Features: huge amphitheater and splash pad.in addition to a specific area for canoe launch into the river.
Bathrooms: Not only are there are heated restrooms super close by but they are also open year-round.
Drinking Fountain: yes
Pavilion: Pavilion area for rent
Picnic Tables: Yes
Sports Fields: none
Walking Trails: There is a nice trail system that runs along the river
Parking: Limited free parking
Tot Play Structure: no
Fenced in: no
Seating: some benches as well as a few picnic tables
Connect with Auburn Hills
Other Parks in Auburn Hills
- Auburn Hills Skate Park – free skate park is for skateboards, in-line skates, and BMX bikes. Open April to November.
- Civic Center Park – The park offers nature trails, a fishing pond, sports fields, and two play structures.
- Clinton River Trail – a 2.1 mile finely crushed stone trail for biking or jogging.
- Dennis Dearing Jr. Memorial Park – fireman theme toddler playground with swings and picnic tables.
- E. Dale Fisk Hawk Woods Nature Center – nature trails, marsh boardwalk, picnic shelter, and nature lodge.
- Manitoba Park – a two-acre park includes a play structure, sand volleyball court, benches, paved play area as well as open space.
- Riverside Park – offers a river path, playground, canoe launch, restrooms together with a picnic shelter.
- River Woods Park – hosts a play structure, basketball courts, a paved pathway, as well as picnic areas with grills.
Hi! I am a Muslim American-Bangladeshi wife and stay at home mommy of twin girls. I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology from the University of Texas at Dallas. I moved to the Detroit area, more specifically Auburn Hills about a year and a half ago from Dallas, Texas and have been enjoying all that I can that the city has to offer. I love spending time with my two girls exposing them to various activities and fun to make them well rounded Muslim American Bangladeshis! Follow my personal Instagram @tazzybe3 to catch a glimpse of the twins’ daily adventures and navigating my life with 2 sassy toddlers!