Visitor’s Guide and photo gallery for River Woods Park in Auburn Hills. The park hosts a play structure, basketball courts, a paved pathway, as well as picnic areas with grills.
River Woods Park Location and Hours
The River Woods Park in Auburn Hills is located at 300 River Woods Drive, right off of Squirrel Road. It’s proximity to M-59 and I-75 make it an ideal location for meeting friends as well as family. The park is maintained by Auburn Hills Parks and Recreation.
The park is open daily year-round from 7 am until 5:00 pm. or dusk, whichever is later.
The park is home to many paved walking trails that wind along and even cross over the Clinton River. Much of the park is open space, perfect for picnics, field sports like frisbee, or a casual stroll.
In addition to a covered picnic shelter, River Woods Park also offers an indoor restroom, a fireplace and many picnic areas with grills.
Families can enjoy the play structure which includes many climbing elements, several slides, and even a rock wall. There is a smaller section for younger guests attached to the structure, which is rated for ages two to twelve. There also two baby bucket swings in addition to two traditional swings for children.
River Woods Park in Auburn Hills also has a basketball court adjacent to the playscape.
River Woods Park Overview
Play Elements: Half jungle gym, small climbing wall, and playscape with slides
Swings: 4 (2 toddler swings and 2 standard swings)
Surface: Grass covers much of the park. Wood chips and mulch cover the playscape area. While the walking trails are paved.
Unique Features: bridge over the Clinton River Watershed, a wooden boardwalk, as well as walking trail along the river with various benches along the river as well. This park marks the halfway point of the Clinton River Watershed
Bathrooms: Indoor bathrooms are on the ends of the pavilion and there are water fountains there as well
Shade: No shade for the playground, or anywhere else except the pavilion
Pavilion: The picnic shelter / Pavilion is at the center of the park. Guests can rent this space. It also features a nice fireplace
Picnic Tables: a few scattered around the park as well as many
Grills: 2-3 scattered around the park, one large grill at the pav both inside and surrounding the center of the pavilion structure
Sports Fields: Basketball court
Walking Trails: Paved trail together with a walkway
Parking: Free parking
Tot Play Structure: no separated toddler structure just one large structure which I listed as designed for children ages 2-12
Fenced in: Horizontal wooden panels fence in the play area.
Connect with Auburn Hills
Other Parks in Auburn Hills
- Auburn Hills Skate Park – free skate park is for skateboards, in-line skates, and BMX bikes. Open April to November.
- Civic Center Park – The park offers nature trails, a fishing pond, sports fields, and two play structures.
- Clinton River Trail – a 2.1 mile finely crushed stone trail for biking or jogging.
- Dennis Dearing Jr. Memorial Park – fireman theme toddler playground with swings and picnic tables.
- E. Dale Fisk Hawk Woods Nature Center – nature trails, marsh boardwalk, picnic shelter, and nature lodge.
- Manitoba Park – a two-acre park includes a play structure, sand volleyball court, benches, paved play area as well as open space.
- Riverside Park – offers a river path, playground, canoe launch, restrooms together with a picnic shelter.
- River Woods Park – hosts a play structure, basketball courts, a paved pathway, as well as picnic areas with grills.
Hi! I am a Muslim American-Bangladeshi wife and stay at home mommy of twin girls. I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology from the University of Texas at Dallas. I moved to the Detroit area, more specifically Auburn Hills about a year and a half ago from Dallas, Texas and have been enjoying all that I can that the city has to offer. I love spending time with my two girls exposing them to various activities and fun to make them well rounded Muslim American Bangladeshis! Follow my personal Instagram @tazzybe3 to catch a glimpse of the twins’ daily adventures and navigating my life with 2 sassy toddlers!