We are so excited to share that a brand new splash pad opened this year in Berkley, Michigan. Oxford/Merchants Park is a 6.7-acre park that is home to not only a brand new splash pad, but also a new play structure. Several other upgrades are coming soon including seating with shade, a pavilion and a toddler playground.
Berkley Splash Pad
Oxford Park is a beautiful space that features grass and bench seating, restrooms, water fountain together with a playground. Guests can enjoy the 1, 600 square foot splash pad which hosts several pop-jet fountains on a cement base. The fountains are programmed to spray at different times, and the whole system turns off occasionally, then requires a user to turn it back on manually to save energy.
The Berkley Splash Pad requires that children under the age of 12 have adult supervision. Additionally, if your child is not toilet trained they must wear a swim diaper when they use the space. The City of Berkley prohibits glass, food, pets, as well as bikes, skateboards, or rollerblades on the splash pad.
Oxford Park Playground
The playground is located right next to the splash pad, thus making it easy for children to run back and forth between the two. The structure features several slides as well as climbing elements. My children really enjoyed the spinning elements as well as the platform ring swings.
The ground is padded with a cushioned foam and there are also several benches around the area.
There are restroom facilities as well as drinking fountains in a comfort building that is within close proximity to both the splash pad and playground.
Oxford Park in Berkley Splash Pad Hours and Location
The brand new splash pad is located at 2100 Bacon Ave, Berkley Mi. 48072. It will be open from Memorial Day until Labor Day. The Berkley Splash Pad Hours are from 11am until 8 pm daily.
The playground and park hours are from dawn until dusk.
Connect with Berkley
Other Parks in Berkley
- Angell Park – 2.7 acres located at Wiltshire, between Bacon & Cummings. Park hosts a Basketball Court, Ball Fields, Picnic Area, Playlot as well as Tennis Courts
- Community Park – 17.9 acre park located at Catalpa, between Gardner and Robina. This park hosts a playground structure in addition to ball fields, horseshoe pits, trails, restrooms and tennis courts.
- Jaycee Park – This 2.7 acre park is located at Webster between Bacon & Phillips. The park features picnic facilities and also a playground structure.
- Kiwanis Tot Lot – a 7 acre park located at Cambridge, between Cass & Stanford. Kiwanis Tot Lot features a nice picnic area as well as a playground and swings.
- Lazenby Field – 2 acres located at Oxford, between Berkley & Henley.
- Merchants/Oxford Park – 6.7 acres located at Bacon, between Oxford & Cambridge. This park features ball fields as well as a splash pad, playground, restrooms and drinking fountains.
- *New* Friends Park (Oxford Towers Park) – a .7 acre located at Harvard, between Berkley & Henley. The park hosts both a picnic area and tennis courts.
- Pattengill Park – a 2.4 acres neighborhood park located at Webster, between Royal & Oakshire. The park is home to a ball field as well as a playground and picnic facilities.
- Rogers Park – a 3.2 acres located at Oxford, between Hamilton & Berkley. This neighborhood park offers a playground.
More Metro Detroit Splash Pad Fun
Emmons Plaza Splash Pad
Enjoy the new Rochester Hills splash pad in Emmons Plaza. Plaza also features a ramped entrance, plenty of seating, and gorgeous landscaping.
Lily Pad Springs Splash Pad
Lily Pad Springs in West Bloomfield is the largest splash pad in Michigan. It features more than 50 play features, four water slides as well as a giant water bucket that dumps 55 gallons of water.
Brandenburg Park Splash Pad
Brandenburg Park is a 17-acre park located on the shoreline of Anchor Bay. Situated on Jefferson Avenue about ½ Mile south of 23 Mile Road, the park offers sports fields, picnic areas, boat launches, restroom facilities, an ADA accessible playground, a children’s play area, a hike/bike path, and a 500-foot pier extending into Lake St. Clair.
Amber is the proud Homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (24), Rosaleigh (10), Carlyn (7), Naomi (4), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes three cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy.