Brandenburg Park & Wayne and Joan Webber Splash Park Visitor’s Guide
Visitor’s Guide, image gallery, and info for Brandenburg Park in New Baltimore/Chesterfield. Splash Pad, playground, trails, sports fields.
Phone: (586) 949-0400
Website Google Map
Brandenburg Park is a 17-acre park located on the shoreline of Anchor Bay. Situated on Jefferson Avenue about ½ Mile south of 23 Mile Road, the park offers basketball, tennis, as well as sand volleyball courts. Other amenities include horseshoe pits, picnic areas, boat launches, restroom facilities, an ADA accessible playground, a children’s play area, a hike/bike path, and a 500-foot pier extending into Lake St. Clair.
Brandenburg Splash Pad
The Wayne and Joan Webber Splash Park in Chesterfield is open from 11:00 am – 7:00 pm Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day, weather permitting.
The splash pad is close to the parking. Also, there are plenty of picnic tables and pavilions for lunches. However, seating around the splash pad was very sparse, the benches hardly accommodated all of the parents. The splash pad itself had a lot of fun features. The play surface is cement, so I don’t recommend the splash pad for crawlers.
Brandenburg Park Playground
The rest of the park is beautiful. Lots of shade, play equipment, a pier for fishing, volleyball court, pavilions for picnics, indoor restroom, as well as concessions. One thing to remember, although they were not an issue on the splash pad, the fish flies were horrendous in the park. They swarmed us as we walked to the play equipment. Best avoid the shade, as that is where they like to hang out.
Parking is $5 per car, with season passes available. Check the website for current rates.
Brandenburg Park Overview:
Play Elements: two different structures for children ages 2 to 12
Swings: traditional as well as baby bucket swings
Surface: grass together with poured rubber
Unique Features: fishing pier, splash pad
Drinking Fountain: yes
Picnic Tables: yes
Sports Fields: basketball, tennis, as well as sand volleyball courts
Walking Trails: yes, paved trail
Parking: paved lots
Tot Play Structure: no
Fenced in: no
Seating: park benches along with picnic tables
Check out our listing of over 30 Splash Pads in Metro Detroit.
Connect with New Baltimore & Chesterfield Parks
- Brandenburg Park – a 17-acre park that sports fields, picnic areas, boat launches, restroom facilities, an ADA accessible playground, a children’s play area, a hike/bike path as well as a 500-foot pier extending into Lake St. Clair.
- Pollard Park – 128 acres park that offers ball fields, playscape, restroom facilities, pavilion as well as bike/hike path.
- Webber Paddling Park – offers community access to the Salt River and Lake St. Clair via kayaks, canoes, or other non-motorized vessels.
- Walter and Mary Burke Park – beach and swimming area, fishing docks, transient boat docks, 2 play structures, 2 bocce’ ball courts, non-motorized boat launch, as well as bathrooms.
- Maynard “Red” Aurand Memorial Park – offers two baseball diamonds, basketball courts, green space, a covered pavilion, a skatepark, a sledding hill, a children’s playscape, together with permanent bathroom facilities.
- Festival Park – a 31-acre park that is being developed as a multi-sport complex for the Anchor Bay community. The park also has a 1-mile track around the boundary of the park.
- Ruedisale Point Park – a 6.9-acre community park that offers a small playscape, picnic areas, as well as portable restroom facilities during the summer months.