Griffin Park is a multipurpose destination. It has a large athletic field, along with a baseball diamond, tennis court, and basketball court. In addition, there is a playground, a woodland area, a creek, and a pond.
About Canton Griffin Park Playground
The playground has one large play structure. Kids will enjoy the four slides, the monkey bars, and the climbing options. The play area is covered with wood chips to soften any major falls. There is bench seating about the perimeter of the play area as well. Finally the playground is located within a short distance to a paved parking lot, thus making a visit to the playground very convenient.
Other Amenities at Griffin Park in Canton
In addition to the playground, Griffin Park in Canton is home to plenty of sports opportunities. Visitors can play baseball/softball, basketball, as well as tennis. You will find a little free library on site also. There are pedestrian paths together with scenic views of both a pond and creek. Finally, there is a woodland area for guests to explore.
Griffin Park Summary
- Play Elements: One play structure with a three large slides as well as toddler slides.
- Swings: No
- Surface: Wood chips and grass
- Unique Features: There is a Little Free Library
- Bathrooms: No
- Drinking Fountain: No
- Shade: Yes
- Pavilion: No
- Picnic Tables: Yes
- Grills: No
- Sports Fields: Yes
- Walking Trails: No
- Parking: Yes
- Tot Play Structure: No, but the play structure has a toddler slide
- Fenced in: No
- Seating: Benches and picnic tables
Hours and Location
The park is located at Sheldon Rd and Cherry Hill Rd in Canton. It is open 6 am until 10 pm daily.
Other Parks in Canton
- Barchester Park – Features an athletic field as well as inline skate rink. Enjoy nature trails, pedestrian paths along with a playground.
- Flodin Park – One of the two Canton parks that host a splash pad. This park is also home to sports fields, nature trails playground as well as a pond.
- Freedom Park – This park hosts several sports fields, walking paths, and also a pond. There is also a playground at this park.
- Griffin Park – Guests can enjoy a creek as well as a pond. There is also a baseball diamond, basketball court and tennis courts. Visitors can also enjoy the playground at this park.
- Heritage Park – This community park is home to a splash playground in addition to two playscapes. Visitors can also utilize the sports fields. Picnic facilities as well as restrooms are also available.
- Independence Park – An 80 acre soccer facility. Visitors can enjoy the playground, picnic facilities as well as a pond and walking paths.
- Kopper Park – A small neighborhood park with a toddler playground.
- Preservation Park Coming in 2021 – This park features a garden area with pedestrian path as well as woodland areas.
- Victory Park – In addition to a playground, this park offers baseball, a pavilion and a walking path. There are also restrooms on site as well as a pond and woodland areas.
Connect with Canton
More Canton Family Fun
Sky Zone Canton
Sky Zone in Canton is an open jump experience that includes multiple dodge ball courts, foam pits, basketball, trampolines and much more.
Toddler Playground at Kopper Park
Kopper Park in Canton is a 1/2 acre park features a toddler playground. The site also includes a Little Free Library and picnic tables.
Canton Heritage Park is a free park that features a playground, splash playground, athletic fields, pavilions, restrooms, walking paths, wood trails, sand volleyball, amphitheater, and more.
Vanessa is a mom to six crazy and fun boys. She assists her husband in running their family’s nonprofit organization, Chosen Kingdom Builders, that provides housing and mentorship to young adults who have come out of the foster care system. She loves writing, and finds that sitting at the computer creating for Metro Detroit Mommy is the “me time” this boy mom needs. Her Covid hobbies include wondering if she will ever vacation again, and staring out the window dreaming of all-inclusive resorts.