Civic Center Park is a metroplex in the heart of Southfield. The largest draws are the outdoor pool and wading pool, along with several lighted sports fields. In addition, this park features an ice arena in the winter, golf course, playground, picnic area, and nature trails.
About Southfield Civic Center Park
The park has a play structure, sports fields, an outdoor pool, nature trails, a picnic area, and a golf course for warm weather fun. In wintertime families can enjoy an ice skating rink.
Southfield Civic Center Playground
The playground at Southfield Civic Center Park is showing a lot of signs of wear and tear, however it is still a fun place to play. The main structure features several different levels for the children to climb and explore in addition to two super tall tunnel slides. There are also several climbing elements as well as a bridge.
In addition to the main structure, the playground hosts a climbing element, toddler swings, regular swings, and a net toy. The surface of the play area is covered with wood ships in order to soften any potential falls. Finally, there are a couple of picnic tables within the play area.
Southfield Civic Center Park is home to a a few pavilions, plenty of picnic tables and also grills, making this a great spot for a family picnic or outdoor gathering.
Southfield Sports Arena
The Southfield Sports Arena is located on the grounds of the Southfield Municipal Complex (on Evergreen between 10 mile and I696). The arena is a multi-use complex with a regulation NHL ice surface and an Olympic-sized outdoor swimming pool. The pool facilities hosts a children’s spray pool, climbing wall, and 120-foot waterslide as well as an Olympic sized pool.
Southfield Civic Center Park Summary
- Play Elements: One main play structure as well as a climbing structure.
- Swings: Big kid and also baby swings
- Surface: Wood chips, grass, cement
- Unique Features: Sports fields, golf course, outdoor pool, ice skating rink, and also nature trails
- Bathrooms: Unknown
- Drinking Fountain: No
- Shade: Yes
- Pavilion: Yes
- Picnic Tables: Yes
- Grills: yes
- Sports Fields: Yes – baseball, volleyball, handball, as well as tennis
- Walking Trails: Yes
- Parking: Yes
- Tot Play Structure: No
- Fenced in: No
- Seating: Yes – picnic benches
Hours and Location
The park is located at 26000 Evergreen Rd in Southfield. The park is open from 8am until dusk. Please call the Parks and Recreation Department at 248.796.4620 for the most up to date information on the pool and ice rink.
Other Parks in Southfield
- Bauervic Woods Park – A 80 acre nature preserve with a colorful playground. The heavily forested area also hosts nature trails and picnic facilities.
- Bedford Woods Park – a 14 acre neighborhood park. The park features a playground as well as sports and picnic facilities.
- Beech Woods Park is an 81 acre community park. Guests can enjoy a sports arena, golf course, and also a golf range. Visitors can utilize the playground as well as tennis courts, volleyball and picnic facilities with grills.
- Berberian Woods Nature Preserve – Features nature trails.
- Brace Park – hosts neighborhood ballfields as well as public parking.
- Burgh Historical Park – 7 acre historical site with flower gardens.
- Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve – 42 acre property with nature trails as well as benches throughout the park. The site also features accessible fishing and viewing platforms.
- Civic Center Park – Community park with a plethora of sports fields as well as nature trails. The site also features a playground, outdoor swimming pool and picnic facilities.
- Freeway Park – playground
- Inglenook Park – Community park with a Boundless Playground, nature area, as well as picnic facilities. Visitors can also enjoy ballfields and fitness trails.
- John Grace Park – Features Roller Hockey together with a tennis court and ballfield. This park also features a playground area.
- John R Miller – Guests can enjoy sports fields as well as picnic tables and a super cute playground.
- Lincoln Woods – This park features nature trails together with wetland areas.
- Mary Thompson House and Farm – Community gardens and historical site.
- Pebble Creek Park – Enjoy a fitness trail as well as soccer field and tennis courts. The site also hosts a playground.
- Simms Park – Guests can enjoy a playground together with picnic facilities and ballfields.
- Stratford Woods Commons – This site features a playground and picnic area.
- Valley Woods Nature Preserve – This land hosts nature trails and is also a nice spot for fishing.
Connect with Southfield
More Family Fun in Southfield
Southfield Public Library
This location offers a Dragon’s Den within the “Once Upon a Time” themed children’s area. Enjoy the Secret Garden outside as well as the nature trails.
Detroit Kid City
Detroit Kid City is set up with many different building themed rooms for young children to explore and allows their imagination to roam in a space where dramatic play is king. A barber shop, pizzeria, market, school house, bank and many other areas are loaded with tools of the trade that encourage children to pretend and be creative.
Inglenook Park in Southfield is a Boundless Playground designed for children of all abilities. The farm-themed playground is located in Southfield on 12 Mile Road, between Evergreen & Lahser roads. The park also offers gravel Jogging/Fitness Trails, Neighborhood Ballfields, a spacious Picnic Area (no shelter), Playlot, Restrooms, Nature Area and Public Parking.
Vanessa is a mom to six crazy and fun boys. She assists her husband in running their family’s nonprofit organization, Chosen Kingdom Builders, that provides housing and mentorship to young adults who have come out of the foster care system. She loves writing, and finds that sitting at the computer creating for Metro Detroit Mommy is the “me time” this boy mom needs. Her Covid hobbies include wondering if she will ever vacation again, and staring out the window dreaming of all-inclusive resorts.