There’s a new playground along the Baldwin corridor in Orion Township. If you have a dragon loving child, then they are going to flip when they see this new Playful Dragon Playground.
About the Playful Dragon Pocket Park Playground
The Playful Dragon Pocket Park playground is a brand new park that opened in the May of 2021. If your child loves dragons then they are going to love this park. The gigantic and friendly beast invites visitors to climb inside via his amazing climbing wall wings and also through the metal bar tail. Then, slide down it’s giant red twisted tongue slide.
This unique statute/playspace was made possible in part with a $65,000 Play Everywhere Challenge grant from KaBOOM! and also the Built to Play initiative supported by the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation, in addition to $65,000 of in-kind work and materials provided by Pulte.
Playful Dragon Pocket Park Summary
- Play Elements: Giant Playful Dragon structure equipped with climbing walls as it wings, slide as it’s tongue, and also a ramp with metal bars as it tail.
- Swings: none
- Surface: paved, wood chips, rubber and also grass.
- Unique Features: Giant Playful Dragon Structure
- Bathrooms: none
- Water Fountain: none
- Shade: none about the park, however there is shade inside the body of the dragon
- Pavilion: none
- Picnic Tables: yes, 2 metal picnic tables available.
- Grills: none
- Sports Fields: none
- Walking Trails: yes, paved short trail with animal foot prints around the perimeter of the park together with Story Signs titled “The Playful Dragon”.
- Parking: Parking available along Jordan Rd
- Tot Play Structure: none
- Fenced in: yes, partial
- Seating: 2 Metal picnic tables
Playful Dragon Playground Hours and Location
Address: 4805 Baldwin (at Jordan Road) in Orion Township
The park is open daily from 7 am until 11 pm.
Admission to the park is free.
Other Parks in Orion Township
- Friendship Park – The largest of the parks in Orion Township, this 135-acre park hosts a plethora of community activities. Sports fields, playgrounds, a fishing pond together with picnic facilities make this the go-to park.
- Civic Center Park – a 79-acre community park with sports fields, amphitheater, playground and also picnic facilities.
- Jesse Decker Park – Constructed in 2009 this 24-acre community park hosts sports fields, a playground, sledding hill as well as picnic facilities.
- Camp Agawam – This amazing park features an ADA compliant playground together with beach access and camping facilities.
Connect with Orion Township
More Orion Township Family Fun
Bernadette Manaay is a proud mom of two wonderful kids, Ianna and Bernard. She has been married to her husband, Ian, for almost 11 years. Bernadette is a Physical Therapist by profession in Metro Detroit. Her family loves to travel and go camping every summer and early fall. Her desire and passion to document her family’s everyday life lead her to become a self-taught photographer. It is very fulfilling to a mom to capture and freeze as many moments as we can because time just flies so fast. See the special memories of her family on her Instagram account: @adetteskyph.