The Lodge Playground at Marshbank Park is a wonderful place for children to play. Marshbank Park is owned and maintained by West Bloomfield Parks and Recreation. The play area is conveniently located near the front of the park, close to the parking lot adjacent to the Lodge and restrooms. The 100+ acre park is home to two universally accessible playgrounds as well as sports fields, shelters, a sledding hill, fishing pier, picnic areas, walking paths, and more.
Marshbank Park Location and Hours
2805 Hiller Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48324
Hours: All parks are open 8 am to dusk
Lodge Playground at Marshbank Park is one of just a few Universally Accessible playgrounds in Southeast Michigan. First, this playground features a soft, cushioned, poured rubber surface. There are two main play structures coupled with plenty of space for children to climb, run, slide, swing, play, and pretend. Additionally, there are sensory play panels throughout the structures to facilitate inclusive play.
Some of the more unique features of the Lodge Playground include fun bridges, roller slides, teeter-totter, and a rock wall. Children can also enjoy sliding down a fireman’s pole, playing drums, or racing down a double slide.
This play area includes not only three standard swings, but also includes 2 toddler bucket swings and one ADA swing.
The toddler play structure is significantly smaller than the main play structure. In order to accommodate younger guests, the structure has lower levels. Finally, this play area features two slides, steps, tunnel, steering wheels, a chain ladder along with other fun elements designed for children ages two to five.
Lodge Playground at Marshbank Park Overview
Play Elements: Pretty standard playground, 2 areas of play, one for younger kids and one for older.
Swings: Yes, 3 standard swings, 1 Child Adaptive ADA Swing Seat, together with 2 toddler swings
Surface: Rubberized playground
Unique Features: sensory play panels, bridges, slides, and climbers
Bathrooms: Yes, really nice bathrooms inside the building right
Drinking Fountain: Yes
Pavilion: yes, Oak Ridge Picnic Shelter and Maple Ridge Shelter
Picnic Tables: Yes
Grills: Yes scattered around
Sports Fields: yes, ballfields, soccer field, sand volleyball, in addition to a multi-purpose field
Walking Trails: Yes, as a matter of fact, there are over 2 miles of trails
Parking: Yes, paved lot
Tot Play Structure: Yes
Fenced in: No
Seating: Picnic Tables together with benches
Connect with West Bloomfield
Other West Bloomfield Parks
- Bloomer Park – 36 acre park that offers a play structure, basketball, as well as picnic facilities.
- Bloomfield Knolls Park – this 2 acre neighborhood park features a play structure in addition to a basketball court and picnic facilities.
- Drake Sports Park – Sports enthusiasts can enjoy a skate park, pickleball, tennis, softball, paved walking trails as well as soccer. This park also hosts a play structure and picnic facilities.
- Keith Sports Park – this 15 acre park offers tennis, softball and soccer as well as picnic facilities and restrooms.
- Lily Pad Springs Splash Pad – The largest splash pad in Michigan features more than 50 play features, four water slides as well as a giant water bucket that dumps 55 gallons of water.
- Marshbank Park – This 108 acre community park is home to three playground areas, sports fields, picnic facilities and more.
- Recreation Activities Center sits on 70 acres and provides guests with several trails. In the winter guests can enjoy a sledding hill.
- Sylvan Manor Park – a 3 acre neighborhood park that offers a basketball court, softball field and playground.
- West Bloomfield Trail – a 6.8 mile trail through 64 acres of land that winds through West Bloom flied, Orchard Lake, Keego Harbor and Sylvan Lake.
- West Bloomfield Woods Nature Preserve – 162 acre preserve with several trails for guests to explore.
Hi! I am a Muslim American-Bangladeshi wife and stay at home mommy of twin girls. I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology from the University of Texas at Dallas. I moved to the Detroit area, more specifically Auburn Hills about a year and a half ago from Dallas, Texas and have been enjoying all that I can that the city has to offer. I love spending time with my two girls exposing them to various activities and fun to make them well rounded Muslim American Bangladeshis! Follow my personal Instagram @tazzybe3 to catch a glimpse of the twins’ daily adventures and navigating my life with 2 sassy toddlers!