Ford Heritage Park in Ypsilanti Township contains 106 acres of green space for visitors to enjoy. Amenities include you baseball/softball complex together with soccer fields. Visitors can also enjoy paved nature trails, playground and picnic facilities.
Ford Heritage Park in Ypsilanti Township Playground
The accessible playground area at Ford Heritage Park spans over 10,000 square feet. The area includes a large play structure with plenty of space for children to climb, slide, jump and play. Children can enjoy several slides as well as many different places to climb and test their abilities. The spider web, roller slide and also the sway fun boat are popular fixtures at this park.
While there is no designated toddler area, a portion of this structure is smaller and designed for younger guests. Older guests can enjoy a rock wall, tall slides, zip line and also stepping stones,
The playground also has a variety of different types of swings. There are several traditional swings as well as a tire swing, baby bucket swing and an ADA swing.
Ford Heritage Park Summary
Play Elements: barrier-free all-inclusive playground, with sway fun boat and also a spider web.
Swings: several traditional swings as well as a tire swing, baby bucket swing and an ADA swing.
Surface: foam, wood chips as well as grass.
Unique Features: Sway Boat, Rock Wall, roller slide
Bathrooms: currently no, however there is a port-a-potty.
Drinking Fountain: no
Picnic Tables: yes
Sports Fields: soccer
Walking Trails: several unpaved and also paved walking trails.
Parking: yes, paved
Tot Play Structure. part of the large structure.
Fenced in: no
Seating: metal benches near the playground
Ford Heritage Park in Ypsilanti Township Hours and Location
Address: 8399 Textile Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
The park is located off Textile Road West of Tuttle Hill Road, and also East of Whittaker Road.
The park is open daily from 6 am until 9 pm.
Other Parks in Ypsilanti Township
- Appleridge Park – 2899 E. Clark Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. This 42 acre park includes a playground, basketball court, informal ball diamond as well as horseshoe pits. Guests can also enjoy a small shelter, picnic tables, benches, trails, wooded area and a small parking lot.
- Community Center Park – 2000 E. Clark Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. A 25 acre park that includes a four diamond softball complex as well as six tennis courts. The park also hosts a picnic shelter with restrooms, playground, open play area, picnic areas, wooded area and a large parking lot.
- Ford Heritage Park – 8399 Textile Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48197. This 106 acre park is a youth sports and family park. Amenities include several soccer fields, a youth baseball/softball complex, paved as well as natural trails, Playground Adventures – a community built accessible playground, a fully accessible picnic area and a wooded area.
- Ford Lake Park – 9075 S. Huron River Dr. Ypsilanti, MI 48197. A 98 acre community park. Amenities include a public boat and canoe launch, fishing areas, together with four shelters available to rent. There are also restrooms (only open in-season), basketball, volleyball, and racquetball courts, six tennis courts, pickleball courts, ball and soccer fields, horseshoe pits. Guests can also enjoy play equipment, wooded areas, plenty of open space, trails, wetlands and multiple picnic areas with picnic tables, benches, and grills. This park is staffed and gated during the park season and remains open through the winter months.
- North Bay Park – 1001 Huron St. Ypsilanti, MI 48197. This 139 acre park features a boardwalk together with a trail system that meanders through woods, wetlands and along the shores of Ford Lake. Other features include an observation tower, islands and bridges along the trail, prime fishing, playground, two shelters, restrooms as well as plenty of picnic areas. This park is staffed and gated during the park season.
- North Hydro Park – 2599 Bridge Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. This 46 acre “natural” park hosts a boardwalk and paved trails, interpretive signage, canoe/kayak and fishing docks, a shelter for rent, restrooms (only open in-season), several picnic areas together with an abundance of natural features. This park is staffed and gated during the park season but is closed during cold weather and winter months.
- Bud & Blossom Park – 1500 Bud St. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. This 2.9 acre neighborhood park has a wooded area, play equipment as well as a large grassy area.
- Burns Park – 2001 Burns Ave. Ypsilanti, MI 48197. A small neighborhood park, only 1.9 acres in size. Amenities include two tennis courts, play equipment, a paved trail around the perimeter of the park, picnic tables and benches together with an open grassy area.
- Clubview Park – 39 S. Clubview Dr. Ypsilanti, MI 48197. This 10 acre park has play equipment, tennis courts, sand volleyball, a small shelter, picnic tables as well as benches. Guests can also enjoy plenty of open space and a fitness trail around the perimeter of the park.
- Harris Park – 99 S. Harris Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. This 4 acre park has two youth ball fields. In addition, the park has playground equipment, parking lot, shelter and a concession stand with restrooms that are open when leagues games are being played.
- Hewens Creek Park – 6515 Bemis Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48197. This 191 acre park features a pond and also a creek, fishing, meadows and wooded areas. Additionally, there is an extensive mountain bike and hiking trail system throughout the park. This park is also abundant with wildlife.
- Lakeside Park – 9999 Textile Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 4819. This 21 acre park hosts a picnic shelter with restrooms, playground equipment, picnic areas, fishing as well as wooded areas.
- Lakeview Park – 1999 S. Grove St. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. This 3.6 acre park has play equipment, a picnic area, a small ball diamond, plenty of open space in addition to a paved trail around the perimeter of the park.
- Loonfeather Point Park – 1340 Grove Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. This 11.2 acre park is noted for its two award winning shelters (available for rent) as well as a fishing pier. The park also has trails, mature trees, play equipment, play field and restrooms. This park is staffed and gated during the park season.
- Nancy Park – 1201 Marcus Ave. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. This 6.1 acre neighborhood park includes a playground, picnic area, ball diamond, trails, mature trees and also open space.
- Pine Park – 6200 Ivanhoe Ave. Ypsilanti, MI 48197. This 1.4 acre park is primarily undeveloped together with a small amount of play equipment.
- Rambling Road Park – 1150 Lexington Parkway Ypsilanti, MI 48198. This quaint 2.6 acre park has a playground and also plenty of open space.
- Sugarbrook Park – 1515 Andrea St. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. This 5.0 acre park has playground, picnic areas, a large hard court area, shaded areas together with plenty of open space.
- Tot Lot Park – 1172 E. Clark Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. This .3 acre lot has play equipment.
- Watertower Park – 2598 Verna Ypsilanti, MI 48197. This .8 acre park has open space as well as play equipment.
- West Willow Park – 2099 Tyler Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48198. Although relatively small in size, this 2.5 acre park has many facilities including trails, a small shelter, playground, benches, picnic areas, a small ball diamond and two basketball courts.
Connect with Ypsilanti Township
More Ypsilanti Family Fun
Unicorn Feed & Supply Store
The Unicorn & Feed Supply Store in Ypsilanti, features all things glitter, stickers, unicorn & mermaid items, PRIDE gifts, fairy gardens, & more.
Canton Heritage Park – Splash Pad and Playground
Canton Heritage Park is a free park that features a playground, splash playground, athletic fields, pavilions, restrooms, walking paths, wood trails, sand volleyball, as well as an amphitheater.
The Petting Farm at Domino’s Farms in Ann Arbor
The Petting Farm at Domino’s Farms in Ann Arbor is home to a wide variety of farm animals you can pet or feed. You can also enjoy a tractor ride.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (13), Carlyn (10), Naomi (7), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke and trivia with L Sharp Productions. She enjoys the Metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.