Stony Lake Park in Oxford Township Visitor’s Guide and Photos
Visitor’s guide, photos, and information for Stony Lake Park in Oxford Township. The park offers a free beach, boat launch, picnic table, shelters, and play structures.
Stony Lake Park in Oxford Township Location and Hours
Stony Lake Park in Oxford Township (aka Oxford Park on Google Maps) is located at 85 Brabb Rd, Oxford, MI 48371. Even though the beautiful green space is situated right on Stony Lake, it has direct access to M-24 (Lapeer Road).
This park is open daily year-round from dusk until dawn. Surprisingly, admission is FREE.
The Oxford Township Park is a 13-acre green space that offers plenty of serene together with shady areas for picnics. In addition, the park offers picnic tables, grills, and shelters throughout the property. During the summer months, parkgoers can not only enjoy swimming in the lake, sunbathing along the sandy beach, or fishing but they can also utilize the boat launch to enjoy a day on Stony Lake. In the winter, ice fishing as well as ice skating are allowed on the lake.
The upper park area also hosts a playground with a play structure, swings, and a very tall slide. Guests can enjoy a game of horseshoes in the park, or play basketball in the parking lot. Finally, the park offers a gazebo, boat launch, as well as restrooms.
Stony Lake Park Overview
Play Elements: a play structure
Swings: standard swings coupled with baby bucket swings
Surface: paved, grass, as well as wood chips
Unique Features: beach access together with a boat launch.
Drinking Fountain: no
Pavilion: Pavilion areas for rent
Picnic Tables: Yes
Sports Fields: horseshoes and basketball
Walking Trails: none
Parking: yes, free paved parking
Tot Play Structure: no
Fenced in: no
Seating: yes, benches and picnic tables throughout the park
Connect with Oxford Township
Other Parks in Oxford Township
- KLR Splashpad – free for Oxford Township residents and $4.00 for non-resident children. Located within the Seymour Lake Township Park in Oxford Twp
- Oakwood Lake Township Park – a 300-acre park that offers river access and hiking trails throughout a variety of different wildlife habitats.
- Powell Lake Township Park is a 56-acre park with a one-mile asphalt nature trail as well as boardwalks and fishing access to Powell Lake.
- Seymour Lake Township Park This 132-acre park offers plenty for sports lovers including four lighted tennis courts, four softball fields, four baseball fields, as well as eight soccer fields. Additionally, visitors can also enjoy disc golf, volleyball, basketball as well as gaga ball. The park also hosts playgrounds (including Kids Kingdom), picnic areas, fitness trail, sledding hills, restrooms, and more.
- Stony Lake Township Park visitors can enjoy the sandy beach, shady picnic park, playground, as well as a gazebo and several picnic shelters.