Milford Central Park is home to an amazing playground space that hosts several slides as well as climbing structures. Park-goers can also enjoy sports, walking trails and picnicking.
About Milford Central Park Playground
The playground is home to several slides including one tunnel slide and several open slides. Guests can enjoy several climbing apparatuses about the structure as well as a ramped entrance. The structure starts off smaller on one side and gets bigger, therefore allowing for a wide variety of ages to use the facility. In addition to the structure the playground also has a merry-go-round, swings and sand digging tools.
If your child likes swings, then they will enjoy the five typical swings as well as the tire swing. The park even has toddler bucket swings for younger guests.
Milford Central Park Summary
Milford Central Park is 12 acres and located within the heart of the city, within walking distance of downtown Milford. While visiting, guests can also enjoy scenic views of the Huron River and Pettibone Creek.
- Play Elements: play structure, swings and also a merry-go-round
- Swings: 5 swings, tire swing, together with toddler bucket swings
- Surface: wood chips as well as grass and sand
- Unique Features: merry-go-round, river view, and also 2 big dig kids ride on sand diggers on the small sand pit inside the playground
- Bathrooms: yes
- Drinking Fountain: installed (but closed until further notice)
- Shade: minimal
- Pavilion: yes
- Picnic Tables: yes
- Grills: yes
- Sports Fields: basketball, tennis as well as volleyball
- Walking Trails: yes
- Parking: yes
- Fenced in: yes
- Seating: benches
Milford Central Park Hours and Location
Address: 159 N Main St, Milford, MI 48381
The park is located east of North Main Street and north of West Huron Road in Milford.
Admission to the park is free.
Park hours are daily from 8 am until 10 pm.
Other Parks in Milford
- Central Park – a 12 acre park within walking distance of downtown Milford. Guests can enjoy the playground as well as sports, trails and picnic facilities.
- Southside Park – a five acre neighborhood park. Visitors can enjoy picnic facilities together with a playground, horse-shoe pits and a remote control race car track.
- Fairgrounds Park – a small three-acre park near the Senior Center in Millford. The park is home to two shuffleboard courts and also wooded areas with picnic facilities.
- Milford Skatepark – this state park opening in October of 2020. The park is designed to accommodate not only skating, but other non-motorized, wheeled activities, including BMX.
- Janowski Park – this athletic park is home to five bal fields as well as mount mike trails.
- Anthur’s Park – A great place to enjoy the Huron River, perfect for picnicking and also a game of checkers or chess.
- Center St. Park – a small scenic space within downtown Milford. This brick paved courtyard is a perfect space to sit and relax after a busy day of shopping.
- Kensington Metropark
Connect with Milford
More Family Fun Near Milford
Scarlet’s Playground in Dodge Park in Commerce Township is one of our favorite playgrounds in metro Detroit. The playground is located within Dodge Park #5. The 106-acre park features a playground, wooded paths, a water fountain, athletic fields, a pavilion, picnic tables as well as paved parking.
This 4,481-acre park is home to a plethora of recreational opportunities. From sledding in the winter to water fun in the summer, Kensington is one of our go-to recreation destinations.
Gilbert Willis Park
Gilbert Willis Park in Wixom features an amazing play structure. The 46-acre property also hosts sports and picnicking facilities.
Yohana Isabella is a former financial auditor turned stay at home mom of trilingual 2yo boy Charlie. She is passionate about photography, traveling, baking and cooking. She loves to explore new places, culture and food with her family all year round in Michigan and other states. She looks forward to contributing to Metro Detroit Mommy.
Follow her journey in instagram