In 2019, Gilbert Willis Park in Wixom received a significant upgrade, a playground makeover with an amazing play structure. The 46-acre property also hosts sports and picnicking facilities.
The Playground at Gilbert Willis Park
Children of all ages will enjoy the amazing play structure at Gilbert Willis Park in Wixom. The main structure features two three-story slides as well as a rock wall, several climbing elements and monkey bars. Children will also enjoy several smaller slides, tunnels, and ramps.
A nearby balance course features several stepping stones, balance beam and tunnel.
There is also a Ten-Spin merry go round, a rocking boat, and several swings. The swings include traditional, baby buckets, ADA and a face-to face swing.
Other Park Amenities
The 46 acre park offers a variety of recreational opportunities to its guests. Sports lovers will enjoy basketball, inline skating, softball, and also fitness trail. Picnicking is made easy and fun with grills and pavilion as well as a beautiful gazebo. The park also features open space, acres of woods and rolling hills. Seasonal restrooms and fountain available.
Gilbert Willis Park Location and Hours
The park is located north of Loon Lake Road at 2400 Trombley Lane, in Wixom, Michigan.
The park hours are from dawn until dusk.
Gilbert Willis Park Overview
Play Elements: A three story structure as well as a balance section.
Swings: two regular, two baby bucket swings, an ADA swing in addition to a face to face swing.
Surface: wood chips and also grass.
Unique Features: merry-go round together with a rocking boat.
Water Fountain: seasonal.
Picnic Tables: yes.
Sports Fields: basketball, inline skating, softball, and also fitness trail.
Walking Trails: yes.
Tot Play Structure: no.
Fenced in: no.
Seating: wooden wall as well as picnic tables.
Connect with Wixom
Other Parks in Wixom, Michigan
- CIVIC CENTER PARK – 49015 Pontiac Trail. Features a play structure, basketball, picnic tables together with a plaza and jetted fountain.
- GIBSON HISTORICAL PARK – 49805 Pontiac Trail. A six acre historic site featuring a community garden, horse shoe pits, and also a multipurpose field.
- GILBERT WILLIS PARK – 2400 Trombley Lane. Features an amazing play structure. The 46-acre property also hosts sports and picnicking facilities.
- GUNNAR METTALA PARK – 645 Mettala Drive. A 65 acre park that offers a nature study area in addition to a playground soccer fields, baseball, volleyball inline skating, tennis and more.
- MACK PARK – 113 Wixom Road. Downtown 0.2 acre park that features a gazebo and benches.
- SIBLEY SQUARE PARK – 48900 Pontiac Trail. Performing arts pavilion together with open space, and benches.
- WIXOM HABITAT. A 292 acre nature preserve with 800 feet of boardwalk and also 2685 feet of walking paths.
Check out our Ten Favorite Playgrounds in Metro Detroit.
Yohana Isabella is a former financial auditor turned stay at home mom of trilingual 4yo boy Charlie. She is passionate about photography, traveling, baking and cooking. She loves to explore new places, culture and food with her family all year round in Michigan and other states. She looks forward to contributing to Metro Detroit Mommy.
Follow her journey in instagram