Visitor’s Guide & Photo Gallery for Joseph J. Delia Jr Park. The 119-acre park hosts play structures, sports fields as well as picnic areas and trails.
Joseph J. Delia Jr. Park Park is located on the north side of 18 Mile Road between Dequindre and Ryan. The park includes portions of the Gibson Drain as well as a small pond.
Joseph J. Delia Jr. Park Amenities
This neighborhood park offers guests plenty of green space to explore together with picnic areas, grills, and picnic tables. Visitors can also enjoy the play structures, sports fields, and hiking trails. The sports fields offered at Joseph J. Delia Jr. Park include baseball, softball, tennis, football, soccer together with a multi-purpose field. In addition to the plethora of summer fun, the park offers a sledding hill in the winter.
The park has access to the Gibson Drain as well as a small neighborhood pond. During our visit we observed a large snapping turtle, a egret, together with several other animals. As a word of caution, I would not get too close to the pond edge because it is mostly clay and very slippery.
Joseph J. Delia Jr. Park Overview:
Play Elements: several play structures
Swings: traditional as well as ADA swings
Surface: grass together with wood chips
Unique Features: this park has access to a small pond
Drinking Fountain: yes
Picnic Tables: yes
Sports Fields: Tennis court, baseball/softball diamond, football, soccer, together with a multipurpose field
Walking Trails: yes, paved & unpaved
Parking: yes, paved parking lot
Tot Play Structure: no
Fenced in: no
Seating: yes, in fact there are benches near the play structure
Connect with the City of Sterling Heights
Parks in Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Arlingdale Park
- Avis Park – 9.5-acre park that is full of trees. The park features a playground, roller skating pad, basketball court as well as a paved path for walking and jogging.
- Baumgartner Park
- Beaver Creek Park – a 14.5-acre park hosts play structures, sports fields as well as picnic areas and trails.
- Cappelle Park
- Carpathia Park
- Clinton River Park North
- A Clinton River Park South
- Clinton River Trail Park
- College Park
- Dodge Park – is a 51-acre park that is located in Sterling Heights. The park is host to two play structures, outdoor amphitheater, pavilions, picnic areas, restroom, sand volleyball, in-line skating rink, together with a farmer’s market. Certainly, the Dodge Park Splash Pad is a great place to cool off in the summer.
- Fairfield Park
- Fairview Park
- Family Park
- Farmstead Park
- Franklin Park
- Freedom Hills County Park
- Hadley Park
- Hampton Park
- Imus Park
- Island Park
- James C Nelson Park
- Jaycee Park
- Jos J. Delia Jr. Park
- Magnolia Park
- Meadowview Park
- Moravian Park
- Plumbrook Nature Preserve
- Puffin Park
- Red Run Park
- Rotary Park
- Senior Center Park
- Sterling Heights Nature Center – a 6.9-acre nature area that hosts several trails. The building also has an amazing atrium with free-range wildlife, a 70 person auditorium, and an exhibit room full of learning opportunities.
- Washington Square Park
- Wolf Park
Amber is the proud Homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (24), Rosaleigh (10), Carlyn (7), Naomi (4), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes three cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy.