Visitor’s guide, image gallery, and info for Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center in Shelby Township.
The Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center is within River Bends Park in Shelby Township. The 5,200+ square foot building hosts plenty to see and do. Visitors can learn about nature through live animals, static displays, as well as seasonal displays.
Normally they offer birthday parties, hiking tours, seasonal learning opportunities, a wide variety of camps, scouting programs, field trips and more. However, due to Covid-19, the Nature Center has suspended these programs.
Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center Visitor’s Information
Nature Center Hours
Wednesday-Saturday: 10 AM until 6 PM
Sunday: Noon until 5 PM
Due to Covid-19 visits to the nature center are limited. Guests should made a reservation in advance online.
Connect with Shelby Township
Other Parks in Shelby Township
- Barrier-Free Playground: located on 22 Mile road. The park offers several structures for children of all abilities.
- Chief Gene Shepherd Park: located on 23 mile Road. The park offers playgrounds as well as a splash pad. Additionally, there are several sports fields, sledding hill, trails, and picnic facilities.
- Ford Field Central Park: on 23 Mile. Offers Baseball diamonds, a soccer field, as well as a playground.
- Heritage Garden: located on Van Dyke Avenue. Offers fishing, a gazebo as well as a walking trail.
- Holland Ponds: on Ryan Road. This park hosts walking trails, fishing, and picnic facilities together with restrooms.
- Lombardo Park: on 22 Mile Road. Guests can enjoy the playground as well as walking trails and picnic facilities. Additionally, the park is home to baseball diamonds.
- Mae Stecker Park: 24 Mile Road. Features several sports courts together with a playground, walking trails, and picnic facilities.
- River Bends Park: on River Bends Drive. Some of this park’s amenities include the Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center, 18 hole disc golf course, walking trails, as well as a barrier-free playground. The site also offers fishing, picnic facilities, and several sports opportunities.
- Whispering Woods Kiwanis Park: located on 21 Mile Road. This park hosts several sports opportunities together with a playground, walking trail, and restroom.
- Woodall Neighborhood Park: located on River Bends Drive. This park hosts sports activities together with a skate park, sledding hill, playground, and walking trails.
Michele lives in Troy with her husband, three year old daughter, and two dogs. She enjoys traveling, coffee, gardening, and visiting small businesses and shops. She is a former elementary school teacher turned emergency department nurse. She is always looking for her next Michigan adventure. She enjoys photographing everyday life in her free time and looks forward to contributing to Metro Detroit Mommy