16 Ways to Enjoy Fall in Michigan
The smells of pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and bonfires fill the crisp air. Fall is here and it is a great time to be happy you live in Michigan.
As the leaves reach their peak colors, take the chance to enjoy time outside with your family and friends before winter comes. Here’s a list of just a few of our favorite fall activities:
- Visit one of Michigan’s many apple orchards and pumpkin patches.
- Gear up for biking event near you.
- Have a bonfire with friends.
- Go for a run and take in all the fall colors on foot.
- Attend a Detroit Lions or Red Wings game.
- Watch America’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Plan a trip one of Michigan’s zoos or Nature Centers.
- Hike Michigan’s many miles of trails.
- Attend a football game at Spartan Stadium or the Big House, or cheer on your favorite local team.
- Try your luck fishing on one of Michigan’s Great Lakes. Check out the Michigan DNR Weekly Fishing Report online here.
- Take a hot air balloon ride.
- Take a drive and explore the state on a fall colors tour.
- Take in some German culture with a visit to Frankemuth.
- Get in the spirit with Hallowe’en in Greenfield Village.
- Shop at your local farmers market to enjoy the season’s harvest.
- Cook some of your favorite fall recipes with the family. For ideas, check out these healthy recipes: Harvest Pumpkin Apple Bread, Pumpkin Spice Latte and Roasted Pumpkin Soup.