It is almost back to school time! It can be an overwhelming process for families to find a high-quality preschool program for your four year old. You might wonder what a high-quality preschool program looks like as you are searching for a program of your preschooler.
Here is what you can look for:
- A warm caring environment where children and families get to know each other.
- A classroom sectioned in areas such as: Art, Blocks, Books, Dramatic Play, Sand and Water etc.
- Teachers play with children, work together, and help them make friends.
- Teachers set expectations with children and problem solve together.
- Teachers plan hands-on activities and lessons that all children can play and join in.
- The program will include all families, languages, and cultures.
- Teachers provide enough time for all children to get deeply involved in activities and learning.
- Teachers look at children’s interest and plan for lessons around their interests.
- Teachers take daily anecdotal notes on what children are doing to plan and assess children.
- Teachers encourage families to be involved and participate.
- Teachers communicate daily and weekly with families that fits their needs.
- Teachers set up time to meet with families to discuss the child’s goals and progress.
- The program will overall accept all children with open arms and meet the needs of each child and family to provide a high-quality learning experience.
If you are the adult of a four year old, then the Great Start Readiness Program may be the perfect fit for your child’s early education. This no cost preschool for eligible four year old children is funded by the state and available across our great state. Each Great Start Readiness program classroom provides a safe learning environment with Early Childhood Educators that deliver instruction using research based curriculum, best practice and of course care.
Read more about what the Great Start Readiness Program can offer here. If you are in Wayne County, you can also visit the Wayne RESA Great Start Readiness Program website here.
Lastly, if you know the Great Start Readiness Program is a perfect fit for your four year old, call 833-FOURYEAROLD to learn about programs that have openings for enrollment nearest you.
Amber is the proud Homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (24), Rosaleigh (10), Carlyn (7), Naomi (4), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes three cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy.