The Automotive Hall of Fame (AHF), the automotive industry’s premier institution for collecting, celebrating, and sharing the global mobility industry’s stories, in partnership with Women in Motorsports North America (WIMNA), is holding the second annual Women in Racing event.
Women in Motorsports North America, founded by Lyn St. James and Beth Paretta in 2022, is a community of professionals devoted to supporting opportunities for women across all motorsport disciplines by creating an inclusive, resourceful environment to foster mentorship, advocacy, education, and growth, ensuring the continued strength and successful future of the sport.
This year’s event celebrates the remarkable career of Paula Murphy, known as “The Fastest Woman on Wheels”, and will celebrate the history and future of women in motorsports, with film screenings, panel discussions, vehicle displays and an afterglow. All proceeds will benefit WIMNA, a nonprofit organization.
Thursday, June 1, 2023, 4 – 9 p.m. Doors open at 3:30 pm.
- Theater screening of Paula Murphy: Undaunted: During the turbulent 1960s, the quest for women’s rights was invigorated. In motorsports, where names like Andretti and Petty transcended the racetrack, a lone woman emerged from their shadow – Paula Murphy. Fast, fearless, and versatile – auto racing had never seen anyone like her. Dubbed the “World’s Fastest Woman on Wheels,” Murphy was more than a speed demon. When she hit the throttle, attitudes toward female drivers changed forever.
- Panel Discussion #1: The Making Paula Murphy: Undaunted.
- Pam Miller, 8-Time Emmy-Award Winner and Producer of FOX NASCAR Cup races
- Cindy Sisson, CEO, GSEvents
- Lyn St. James, Co-Founder WIMNA, Representative at FIA Women in Motorsports Commission, and 2022 Automotive Hall of Fame Inductee
- Panel Discussion #2: Women in Motorsports North America, moderated by Lyn St. James. Panelists include:
- Lisa Boggs, Director of Motorsports, Bridgestone Americas
- Sabré Cook, professional racing driver and mechanical engineer
- Katie Hettinger, racing driver with Team Chevy and Anthony Campi Racing
- Victoria Thomas, CFO and co-owner of KellyMoss
- Afterglow – Panelist meet & greet session with complimentary hors d’oeuvres and beverages.
Automotive Hall of Fame, 21400 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn, MI 48124
This event is also being live streamed virtually. For those attending virtually, a meeting link will be sent to your email address on May 25.
Tickets range from $25-$75 and can be purchased at https://automotivehalloffame.givecloud.co/racing2023.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.