2020 Winter Festivals in Metro Detroit
While many may view the winter season as a time to cozy up indoors with some hot chocolate and fuzzy slippers, Metro Detroit is giving you plenty of reasons to get outdoors and have some wintery fun. Don’t let the cold weather turn you into a hermit this winter. Check out these fun-filled Winter Festivals in Metro Detroit.
January 2020 Winter Festivals
Plymouth Ice Festival (Plymouth)
- Address: Penniman Avenue
Plymouth, MI, United States
- Phone: 248-817-8836
- Time: Friday, January 11-5:00pm to 10:00pm, Saturday, January 12-10:00am to 10:00pm, Sunday, January 13- 10:00am-6:00pm
- Cost: FREE
- Description: Hand-carved ice sculptures are available for viewing 24 hours a day and are free to the public. After viewing the ice sculptures, you can grab some yummy festival food, check out the live entertainment, and enjoy a chainsaws competition.
Fire & Ice Festival (Downtown Rochester)
- Address: 308 1/2 Main Street
Rochester, Michigan 48307
- Phone: 248-656-0060
- Time: Friday, January 17-Sunday, January 19 (Fridays-5pm to 9pm, Saturdays-10am-9pm, Sundays- 9am-5pm)
- Cost: FREE
- Description: This free event will entertain attendees with fun winter-themed activities such as dog sled rides and tube sledding and delicious foods. There are plenty of activities for the kiddos to enjoy from marshmallow roasting to face painting. There will be tons of activities available for the entire family to enjoy.
Polar Party (West Bloomfield)
4640 Walnut Lake Road,
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
- Phone: 248-451-1900
- Time: January 25, 2020 from 1-5 pm
- Cost: $6/resident $8/non-resident (***pre-registration required)
- Description: Bring the family out for tons of wintry fun at this year’s Polar Party. Take part in a snowman building contest, snowshoeing, and a live animal show. After your scheduled animal show, check out the craft station and ice sculptures, or roast some marshmallows.
February 2020 Metro Detroit Winter Festivals
Quicken Loans Winter Blast (Downtown Detroit)
- Address: Campus Martius Park
800 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI, USA
- Phone: 248-541-7550
- Time: February 7-9 (Friday- 5pm to 11pm, Saturdays- 11am to 11pm, Sundays- 11am to 8pm)
- Cost: FREE (some rides or events may require purchased tickets)
Description: Enjoy fun winter activities like ice skating and snowshoeing. Check out live music acts, zip lining, giant slides, heated tents, tasty food, and so much more during the Winter Blast at Campus Martius Park.
Oakland Twp Parks Winter Carnival (Rochester)
- Address: Bear Creek Nature Park
740 W Snell Rd,
Rochester, MI 48306
- Phone: 248- 651-7810
- Time: Saturday, February 8, Noon to 4pm
- Cost: FREE
- Description: Scheduled events for this year’s Winter carnival include a stilt walker, “Magic Joe,” and a balloon show. Families can also enjoy ice skating, sledding, archery, and so much more!
White Lake Citizens League Winter Carnival (White Lake)
- Address: White Lake Inn
3955 Ormond Road
White Lake Mi. 48383
- Phone: 248-887-1818
- Time/Date: Saturday, February 15, from 3 pm to 7 pm
- Cost: Admission is FREE
- Description: They will have Broom-ball, sled rides, children’s egg hunt, on ice games, and hot dogs, chips, coffee and cocoa, (refreshments are free for WLCL members). The day will end with an amazing Fireworks on Ice display.
March 2020 Winter Festivals
Southfield Winterfest (Southfield)
- Address: Southfield Pavilion & Sports Arena
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield. MI 48076
- Phone: 248-796-4620
- Time: Sunday, March 1, 2020 2pm-4:30pm
- Cost: FREE
- Description: This family-friendly event will entertain attendees with fun activities including: snow tubing, ice-skating, horse-drawn carriage rides, and much more.