Thanksgiving Leftovers: Turkey and Stuffing Breakfast Cups Recipe
We’re all so used to having traditional leftovers around Thanksgiving that it can be hard to think of creative ways to repurpose things like turkey and stuffing. This year instead of the turkey sandwich, try this recipe for a protein-filled, flavorful breakfast option.
This recipe is easy to pop in the oven and prepare a batch to last for the week. It’s also a great way to sneak some vegetables into your family’s breakfast, especially for the little ones. Top these stuffing cups with your choice of scrambled or sunny side up eggs — whichever way you prefer.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
Turkey and Stuffing Breakfast Cups
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- 1½ cups finely chopped roasted turkey breast (about 7 oz)
- 3 cups leftover (prepared) stuffing
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of choice
- 12 large eggs
- Ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Lightly coat a twelve-cup muffin tin with spray. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add garlic, onion, celery and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
5. Add turkey and stuffing; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed.
6. Mix in cheese until it softens to help form cups.
7. Evenly press stuffing mixture into prepared muffin cups.
8. Crack an egg into each muffin cup. Season with pepper.
9. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until eggs are set.
10. Let cups sit in pan for 10 minutes before removing them. Use a butter knife to gently separate each cup from the muffin pan.
11. Serve warm and enjoy!
Note: You can also beat eggs and add them to mixture, then press into cups and bake.
Nutrition Info per Serving:
12 Servings Total; 1 breakfast cup is a serving
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 180.2
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 176.6 mg
- Sodium 507.0 mg
- Potassium 134.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 12.1 g