Shamrock Smoothie, Serves 2
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 1½ cup oat milk
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- Garnish: shredded coconut
- Make a template of a shamrock cutting out the shape using a clean, thick and hard paper so that it does not melt into the smoothie.
- Blend all ingredients except shredded coconut.
- Pour smoothie into desired drinkware.
- Place template over smoothie and sprinkle shredded coconut, covering the cutout. Gently remove paper. Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: 8 oz
Calories 150 | Fat 3 g (Saturated Fat 0 g) | Carbohydrates 27 g (Fiber 3 g) (Sugar 16 g) | Protein 4 g
Green Pizza, Serves 2
- 2 whole wheat tortilla crust
- 1/3 cup pesto
- ½ cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 whole garlic
- 4 baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, stems removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: handful of arugula leaves.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a lined baking sheet, place bell pepper cut in half facing down and drizzle ½ tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper on top. Cut the top off the head of garlic while leaving the peel on, rub olive oil on top and wrap in aluminum foil. Place garlic on the same baking sheet as bell pepper and bake for 40 minutes.
- While bell pepper and garlic are cooking, heat a pan with 1 tsp olive oil over medium-low heat. Place tortilla in pan, coating in olive oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden. Let cool on a plate.
- When the bell pepper and garlic are finished cooking, let cool until handling. When cooled, remove garlic from peel by gently putting pressure on the bottoms of cloves so that they slide out of the peel. Slice bell peppers in thin slices.
- Top tortillas with pesto, mozzarella cheese, portobello mushrooms, roasted garlic cloves and bell pepper. Cook on lined baking sheet for 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh arugula leaves. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 Pizza
Calories 252 | Fat 24 g (Saturated Fat 3 g) | Carbohydrates 27 g (Fiber 3 g) (Sugar 4 g) | Protein 7 g
Our mission is to help everyone in Michigan get healthier from the inside out. This means everything from giving you resources to help you make better decisions about diet and exercise, as well as information on creating and sustaining nurturing communities and successful businesses — everything you need to help create a healthier Michigan.