The Southfield Sports Arena is located on the grounds of the Southfield Municipal Complex (on Evergreen between 10 mile and I696). The arena is a multi-use complex with a regulation NHL ice surface and an Olympic-sized outdoor swimming pool.
Other Parks in Southfield
- Bauervic Woods Park – A 80 acre nature preserve with a colorful playground. The heavily forested area also hosts nature trails and picnic facilities.
- Bedford Woods Park – a 14 acre neighborhood park. The park features a playground as well as sports and picnic facilities.
- Beech Woods Park is an 81 acre community park. Guests can enjoy a sports arena, golf course, and also a golf range. Visitors can utilize the playground as well as tennis courts, volleyball and picnic facilities with grills.
- Berberian Woods Nature Preserve – Features nature trails.
- Brace Park – hosts neighborhood ballfields as well as public parking.
- Burgh Historical Park – 7 acre historical site with flower gardens.
- Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve – 42 acre property with nature trails as well as benches throughout the park. The site also features accessible fishing and viewing platforms.
- Civic Center Park – Community park with a plethora of sports fields as well as nature trails. The site also features a playground, outdoor swimming pool and picnic facilities.
- Freeway Park – playground
- Inglenook Park – Community park with a Boundless Playground, nature area, as well as picnic facilities. Visitors can also enjoy ballfields and fitness trails.
- John Grace Park – Features Roller Hockey together with a tennis court and ballfield. This park also features a playground area.
- John R Miller – Guests can enjoy sports fields as well as picnic tables and a super cute playground.
- Lincoln Woods – This park features nature trails together with wetland areas.
- Mary Thompson House and Farm – Community gardens and historical site.
- Pebble Creek Park – Enjoy a fitness trail as well as soccer field and tennis courts. The site also hosts a playground.
- Simms Park – Guests can enjoy a playground together with picnic facilities and ballfields.
- Stratford Woods Commons – This site features a playground and picnic area.
- Valley Woods Nature Preserve – This land hosts nature trails and is also a nice spot for fishing.
Connect with Southfield
More Family Fun in Southfield
Southfield Public Library
This location offers a Dragon’s Den within the “Once Upon a Time” themed children’s area. Enjoy the Secret Garden outside as well as the nature trails.
Detroit Kid City
Detroit Kid City is set up with many different building themed rooms for young children to explore and allows their imagination to roam in a space where dramatic play is king. A barber shop, pizzeria, market, school house, bank and many other areas are loaded with tools of the trade that encourage children to pretend and be creative.
Inglenook Park in Southfield is a Boundless Playground designed for children of all abilities. The farm-themed playground is located in Southfield on 12 Mile Road, between Evergreen & Lahser roads. The park also offers gravel Jogging/Fitness Trails, Neighborhood Ballfields, a spacious Picnic Area (no shelter), Playlot, Restrooms, Nature Area and Public Parking.
Amber is the proud mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (14), Carlyn (11), and Naomi (8). Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke with Malibu Entertainment. She enjoys the metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.