So when I was asked to create a recipe, featuring DairyPure Sour Cream my first thought was to include apples! These sour cream bars turned out perfectly, I’m sure you will love them too!
DairyPure Sour Cream is made with fresh cream and milk from their own dairy, with no artificial growth hormones, and is backed by a 5-Point Purity Promise, so you know it will always have the freshest taste. DairyPure Sour Cream comes in two varieties, All Natural Sour Cream and Light Sour Cream. The Light Sour Cream contains 50% less fat and 41% fewer calories. Finally, I love the rectangular DairyPure Sour Cream fridge-friendly packaging. It makes it super easy to store and find in the fridge.
Sour Cream Apple Cinnamon Dessert Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups apples, diced with the peel on
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 TBS caramel topping
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup DairyPure Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBS flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ounces pecans
- caramel topping
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper, then spray the paper with cooking spray.
- whisk together in a medium bowl flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- add the melted butter
- the dough should be crumbly, just be sure that you have incorporated all of the butter evenly
- reserve 3/4 of the crust mix (for the topping)
- press the remaining crust mixture into the bottom of your 8×8 prepared baking pan
- Filling: combine the apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and caramel in a small bowl until they are combined and set aside.
- Sour Cream Layer: mix together in a large bowl the DairyPure Sour Cream, sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, egg, and vanilla. Pour over the crust in your 8×8 pan.
- Spoon the apple filling mixture evenly over the sour cream.
- Sprinkle your reserved ¾ cup crust over the top
- Optional: sprinkle 2 ounces of pecans on the top.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into 16 squares.
- Optional: drizzle caramel topping over the bars before serving and/or top with whipped cream.
Amber is the proud homeschooling mother to four beautiful children, Damian (27), Rosaleigh (13), Carlyn (10), Naomi (7), and a wife to her loving husband, Chancellor. Her family also includes four cats.
She loves being a stay-at-home mom and feels blessed to be able to care for her children full-time and provide them with so many opportunities through Metro Detroit Mommy. In addition to Metro Detroit Mommy, Amber has a passion for hosting karaoke and trivia with L Sharp Productions. She enjoys the Metro Detroit nightlife especially, singing, dancing and meeting new people.