Sleep Makeover with AllerEase
AllerEase provided me with (1) AllerEase Maximum mattress protector, (2) AllerEase Maximum pillow protectors, (1) pillow and (1) comforter in exchange for this promotional post.
When my daughter was first diagnosed with allergies, we did a complete room makeover for her. The rules from our allergist were easy to follow:
- If it’s a hard surface, WIPE
- If it’s a washable fabric, WASH
- If it can’t be wiped or washed, ENCASE
- If it can’t be wiped, washed, or encased, REMOVE
We bought the mattress protectors, pillow protectors, pillow covers, air purifier, and got rid of all of her stuffed animals (except 2 favorites). Just recently, I even removed her book shelf and all of her books. (Which broke my little librarian heart, but my kids’ health always takes priority). We did the same for my son after his testing (which showed even worse allergies!) but we never fully did our own room.
After recently getting a (long-overdue) new mattress and rearranging the furniture, this was the perfect time for the sleep hygiene makeover.
The first thing we did was strip the bed and put on the AllerEase mattress protector. The protector fully encases the mattress and zippers shut. After new sheets were put on, we put the pillow protectors over the provided pillow and one of my own. The comforter was last and completed the crisp, clean look.
Just having the new bedding and pillows on my bed helped me relax and sleep well. Health and Wellness Expert Stephanie Popso shared these quick tips for better sleep with me:
- Stick to a consistent sleep schedule by going to bed and waking up at the same time each day
- Try to limit nighttime stimulants like electronics an hour before bed.
- Keep your bed linens clean by washing them in hot water weekly.
- Use a zippered allergen-barrier mattress protector like AllerEase Maximum to prevent dust mites, pollen, and pet dander from collecting in your mattress.
- Shower at night versus the morning to rinse hair and skin of pollutants before getting into bed.
- Invest in an air purifier or plants like ivy or palm that can help rid your indoor air of impurities.
- Limit pet time in the bedroom, and if that’s non-negotiable, using allergen barrier bedding can limit allergens from entering the mattress.
So if you are ready for a Sleep Hygiene Makeover, check out the AllerEase products.
AllerEase is offering a $5 discount to our Metro Detroit Mommy readers on Maximum Mattress Protectors at Michigan retailers. To take advantage of the offer, visit this link or check your mail during August and the Sunday paper August 5 and August 19 for special savings. AllerEase mattress protectors can be found at Kohl’s, Target, Walmart and Meijer. (Cost: Twin $29.99, Full $34.99, Queen $39.99 and King $44.99).
AllerEase is the leading brand of allergen barrier bedding and is manufactured by Pittsburgh-based American Textile Company. AllerEase mattress and pillow encasements, pillows, comforters, mattress pads, sheet sets, and blankets are comfortable, quiet, hypoallergenic and sold in more than 400,000 stores