Skills for Effective Parent Advocacy FREE Parenting Workshop
Skills for Effective Parent Advocacy
with Sandee Koski
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2019
5:30PM – 7:30PM
(Sign-in opens at 5 pm)
Redford Library 25320 W. Six Mile
Redford, MI 48240
This workshop will explore six skills parents can use to become more effective advocates for their child with a disability, including:
* understanding your child’s disability
* knowing your school district
* knowing your rights and responsibilities
* using clear and effective communication
* understanding the special education process
* knowing the dispute resolution process
Who should attend? Families of children/young adults with disabilities/learning challenges, school staff, community members, and organizations.
Register with Kenya Harper-Black
(313) 570-7994 or email@example.com
Or online at www.michiganallianceforfamilies.org/rsvp
If it is after the deadline and you haven’t registered, please call or email to check the status of the event.
If you require accommodations or materials in an alternative format, please let us know one week before the workshop.
View a PDF flyer for this event and find other workshops on our calendar of events.
Have questions about this event or other special education questions?